Join Today
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks, T5RatherAmusin that seems to say it is possible. will just have to wait and see when i start getting payed from my new job and get it on the rollers, it seems to pull real hard if you floor it at 60 it lights the wheels up when it comes on boost with brand new tryes. i think i will be taking it easy for a while until i get get a wide band afr in it. once i have some money coming in i will give it a good service and do the o rings in the sump as an excuse to make sure it has the internals claimed

Another day,Another part. The
    Volvo pile is getting bigger

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    thanks, T5RatherAmusin that seems to say it is possible. will just have to wait and see when i start getting payed from my new job and get it on the rollers, it seems to pull real hard if you floor it at 60 it lights the wheels up when it comes on boost with brand new tryes. i think i will be taking it easy for a while until i get get a wide band afr in it. once i have some money coming in i will give it a good service and do the o rings in the sump as an excuse to make sure it has the internals claimed
    Sounds like a plan,

This user has no status

Thanks
    my other cars, some of you may remember the 850 i did have a thread on here a long while ago

excuse the dirt my unit is on a farm and when the farmers away the boys will play

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    It could still be a later 2.4R engine, I have a 2.4 with a latter twin vvt head but still use a distributor., I would think with that turbo at 15psi, you would see around 280 bhp.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    It could still be a later 2.4R engine, I have a 2.4 with a latter twin vvt head but still use a distributor., I would think with that turbo at 15psi, you would see around 280 bhp.
    didn't know that

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    If anybody knows turbos, it'll be our Colin

I'm pretty sure it had an 18t when the v70r engine went in. (it was a 2.3 V70R engine btw)
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    i will have a good look over it tomorrow, i planned on "borrowing" my new coilovers off my mk1 for a while anyway. starting to think the guy i boutght the car off was full of waste material. but we will see, also i didnt really think about it yesterday when i got it i went for a drive and it pulled real hard with no problems the i put regular 95ron in it and felt what i assume was a misfire on full boost so im basically driving it with no boost now to be safe until i put some higher octance fuel in it also i got told to drive it only in sport mode because it was mapped in that and it misfires when used in the normal gearbox mode? sounded a bit fishy to me but i was too excited to have my first turbo volvo actually on the road

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    There was quite a debate about this car on facebook and the wild power claims ....lol
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

9. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Monday 24th March 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah i can imagine one dyno print that came with it was for 450bhp but apparently the turbo died on the rollers so they put this one on and mapped it accordingly, i just hope it lasts a couple of months before im supposed to get a company car then it can be sorted

This user has no status

Thanks
    it came with these pictures, there probably of one of your guy's cars, i almost dont want to know

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    yeah i can imagine one dyno print that came with it was for 450bhp but apparently the turbo died on the rollers so they put this one on and mapped it accordingly, i just hope it lasts a couple of months before im supposed to get a company car then it can be sorted
    Sorry to disappoint mate, but there is no way on this planet an 850 with an auto box is going to give that sort of power, it would be nice to see that dyno chart, as in the picture that was previously put up, the top was missing so we couldn't see the reg number of the car. I have 434bhp with a manual box and it is on the limit of what the clutch and box can handle.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Monday 24th March 2014)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    can we have a photo of the turbo please? td05's are not a direct fit

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    there appear to be four different engine frames there, in one picture it has a metal looking frame, in another pic it has a shiny new red frame in another it has doweled liners and a blue frame and in the last pick it has a different one again.

EDIT: the block with the dowels has blue axle stands next to it, but I still think they are three different engines.
    Last edited by claymore; Monday 24th March 2014 at 17:56.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

sundog (Monday 24th March 2014)

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    when dan swapped it the engine was not internally modified and the guy he swapped it with wanted ALL THE MODIFIED BITS took off before he would swap with the shogun........i know this for sure as most of the bits taken off are still in my workshop...............the bonnet was in primer when swapped as well ( but it had been bare metaled and etch primed underneath )
    hope this helps
    "dare to be different"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t5steve For This Useful Post:

claymore (Monday 24th March 2014),M-R-P (Monday 24th March 2014),theflyingbrick (Monday 24th March 2014)

Thanks
    The pistons are also different

This user has no status

Thanks
    as you would expect all the pictures i have of the dyno prints have no reg only a name one ahmed el-sayed. i didnt really think that much power would be possible with the auto box but it was a nice dream. if anyone knows of him... i will check the turbo tomorrow and if it is what it says it is i will take a picture. its a good job im easily pleased with a bit of turbo flutter otherwise i think i may be crying inside around now. although the car i swapped it for was mostly a shed in my eyes im only into this for around 1k and i have seen a few things it defiantly has an aftermarket turbo actuator on it and a few other nice bits

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks t5 steve im not sure on the bonnet as it has the worst paint ever on it now. im reluctant to wash the car until i do something with this even if it means making it rusty to take people eye of some of the bad paintwork and get massive respect from my VW friends haha. my only worry is now if it is tuned so little why it wont run in normal mode on the gear box

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    at the end of the day its an 850r and its worth more than a grand, well it would be when you sort those stupid wheels out, its probably only got the 16 or 18t turbo as well

23. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

sundog (Monday 24th March 2014)

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    thanks t5 steve im not sure on the bonnet as it has the worst paint ever on it now. im reluctant to wash the car until i do something with this even if it means making it rusty to take people eye of some of the bad paintwork and get massive respect from my VW friends haha. my only worry is now if it is tuned so little why it wont run in normal mode on the gear box
    When you floor it with high octain fuel in, how far over does the needle go on the boost gauge?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks guys, at least if it isnt that built i wont mind stealing the few decent parts it has to go on my project 850 and tidy this one up to its former glory and have a nice use able car

Thread Information