Join Today
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    thanks guys, it wont be for a while as i don't get payed for some time i fitted my coilovers today they have been stood for a year and are a little squeaky i hope that passes as they were only used for a month before i blew my other car. the difference is amazing although it is a little scary when it comes on boost round a corner with the auto box but im very happy with the car i will do my best to bring her back to its former glory in the next few months ready for the RR gathering.

so with the pictures;

it is a 16t turbo as people thought, and this was the actuator, quite a pretty thing

fitted my old omp wheel as the steering wheel that came with the car was rather horrible,

gave it a wash this is the bad side there is paint chipping on the doors which are burgondy underneath

and as you can see the state of the bonnet once it dried in this picture. im almost ashamed to say the wheel colour is growing on me a little, although i think a power blue may be nicer.
    Aaah, that's right, it wasn't a forge actuator... we had fun with that thing, if you look closely, you'll see some washers between the actuator and the bracket to help get the actuator in the right place.

Nice to see it getting some love
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

sundog (Thursday 27th March 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    i'm glad you said that is the one you fitter i was so close to putting my standard one on just to rule it out, i think its getting a little better now had a look at the spark plugs and they are OLD they have oil stains on the insulator and the gaps were off my local motor factor hasn't got any plugs so i re gapped them and cleaned them up hoping i can get some tomorrow

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Depends on which super unleaded you used, the supermarket stuff is crap. V-power or nothing

if its still got the blue injectors, it won't be running lean
    it is still on the blue injectors, unfortunately i live no where near a shell garage, the closest i have is esso, but coming to think of it last time i got some super from there is was cloudy as, i put some in a clear bottle and couldn't see through it :/ i guess being such a small town it dosen't get used alot so gets contaminated over time

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    They should be platinum plugs, and being the case shouldnt be cleaned and re-gaped as this will result in the centre electrode being damaged.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    They should be platinum plugs, and being the case shouldnt be cleaned and re-gaped as this will result in the centre electrode being damaged.
    that isn't the best then, it does pull alot higher boost without missing now so the proof of concept is there, which are the best plugs to use in a mild tuned engine? thanks

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    it is still on the blue injectors, unfortunately i live no where near a shell garage, the closest i have is esso, but coming to think of it last time i got some super from there is was cloudy as, i put some in a clear bottle and couldn't see through it :/ i guess being such a small town it dosen't get used alot so gets contaminated over time
    lat time i put some esso super in i thought my car was broken misfiring all over the shop

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    little update on the car for anyone that cares, it is now running great after i had to send my mother out 20 miles to the nearest shell station for some v-power and some fresh plugs i had never seen platinum plugs before only having n/a cars previous so i didn't quite grasp how well used the old plugs were until i had something to compare them to the tips were around a mill shorter and burnt to a point! managed to make it out to skeggness last night for a cruise and returned 27mpg which is better than i expected. although my friend following me said it puffs a little smoke out when laboring up hills, hopefully its the turbo and not the piston rings, i have a spare 16t

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Good news mate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

sundog (Sunday 30th March 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    well it seems the guy i got the car off is deffinatly the guy that spews this bull out of his mouth for a living, allow to to preset my skyline which is now back up for "swapz" my mate sent me this last night as i'm too uncool to be part of the facebook group it is advertised on.

the only true thing in that post is the clutch as i fitted that the other week, gtr grill? no thats a standard one that has been cut down because the car had a front end smash, i straightened the inner wing. nismo wheels? "nismo stickers on cheap alloys" would be a better fit. why would you even bother fitting a bigger throttle body and higher fuel pressure on a standard 12 valve 2 litre that originally only made 130bhp and it runs like it makes half of that. just a heads up guys this guy is a king tuner in his head, i feel sorry for the next guy that has to deal with him.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sundog For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Wednesday 2nd April 2014)

Thanks
    What a tit!

Thing is, you still got a good car out of it, even if it doesn't have the spec he said it did. It's a good thing you signed up here as you now have a good idea of what's really going on with the car and plenty of info to hand if there's a problem

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

sundog (Wednesday 2nd April 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah i've been a member here for 2 years i've just been hiding and i feel i got the better deal regardless it's the next person i feel sorry for the person who may not know any different, and be stuck with a lot of problems i can take the risk because i'm a qualified mechanic and auto electrician. but the next person could be someone believes it all and ends up out of pocket big time

Thanks
    yeah i've been a member here for 2 years i've just been hiding and i feel i got the better deal regardless it's the next person i feel sorry for the person who may not know any different, and be stuck with a lot of problems i can take the risk because i'm a qualified mechanic and auto electrician. but the next person could be someone believes it all and ends up out of pocket big time
    forgot you've been here nearly as long as me lol.

He didn't stick around long on facebook when we started picking holes in his advert. The whole thread got deleted!

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

19. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    glad to hear you sorted the running issue mate,regards the skyline ad...........................................im keeping quite lmao

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

21. The Following User Says Thank You to theflyingbrick For This Useful Post:

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    There was quite a debate about this car on facebook and the wild power claims ....lol
    That will have been me lol I'm still waiting for dyno printout

23. The Following User Says Thank You to danny-R For This Useful Post:

sundog (Thursday 3rd April 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    don't worry i'm still waiting for the wheels he was posting me :/

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    Must have seen you coming

26. The Following User Says Thank You to danny-R For This Useful Post:

sundog (Friday 4th April 2014)

Thread Information