Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V70 R - Help ?

This user has no status

Thanks

Question V70 R - Help ?

Guys have lurked for a day or two with the intention of reseaching the purchase of a T5, however I am utterly seduced by a V70R and if a I can do a deal this week on my existing cars I will be buying one.

I can just afford £25K. Looking at the Volvo site a couple to choose from. Flash Green - Any views ? I Like it because it makes the car stand out but do dealers ? Will I get slapped because of the colour when I trade in ? If not Flash Green what other colours look good ? (I will be putting plenty of miles on, so I suspect I am more likley to be selling to one of you lot than a dealer.)

Manual / Geartronic arguement - I drive in heavy traffic but like to go for Sunday morning blast. The driver in me says Manual but I know I will curse every day when I am queing around the M25. Again any views? Other than in a 0-60 drag race will I really be that bothered ? Also again, when I come to sell and its one of you lot buying it because of the miles will it matter ?

Thanks all
    COLIN

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi mate firstly

Flash Green is my favourite colour on the new S60/V70R so ad say get it now!!!! Black seems to ber the next choice for most but Flash Green all day long for me or a dont want 1 lol

Manual seems to be best choice in box also as the geartronic saps a lot of the power, even auto has been said to be better

There will be loads of different views on here so sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Welcome to the forum - don't worry about the colour so much - just keep whatever you get in good condition. Plenty of cleans and waxing to keep the paintwork fresh.

Manual if you can find one - geartronic with the software upgrade is better than it used to be though and as long as you don't tune it too much you should be alright.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Manual all the way, and dont get that Orange interior it's awful.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

If available go auto, learn how to left foot brake and you won't look back.
    Engineer

This user has no status

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!!

Go with flash green, its one of the nicest colours available for the R!! It definately wont affect resale, nor will the miles

Keep us updated!!

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer
    If available go auto, learn how to left foot brake and you won't look back.
    Ask Wobbly Dave about left foot braking, thats how he blew up his auto box on his 850R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Any pics of the flash green???

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Heres a pic od daves Flash Green S60R

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp
    Ask Wobbly Dave about left foot braking, thats how he blew up his auto box on his 850R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x
    Not true, he was using the brakes to hold before launching, not the same as left foot braking ask most racing or rally drivers.
    Engineer

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Whats with the new name dave?

This user has no status

Thanks

Thanks for the guidance

Will let you know how I get on. Finally are there any must have options which I should look out for or does the R spec cover most of the bases.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Manual gearbox!!!!!!

Andrew
    This user has no status
    The R pretty much comes with all of the toys.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CMJ
    Manual / Geartronic arguement - I drive in heavy traffic but like to go for Sunday morning blast. The driver in me says Manual but I know I will curse every day when I am queing around the M25. Thanks all
    COLIN
    The manual box has more torque in the first model year cars, 400nm v 350nm as standard, as apparantly the original geartronic was not up to coping with the higher amount. Bhp same in both cars.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I can just afford £25K. Looking at the Volvo site a couple to choose from. Flash Green - Any views ? I Like it because it makes the car stand out but do dealers ? Will I get slapped because of the colour when I trade in ? If not Flash Green what other colours look good ? (I will be putting plenty of miles on, so I suspect I am more likley to be selling to one of you lot than a dealer
    Have you seen this one at Formula Cars

http://www.formulacars.co.uk/vehicles/411.html

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Bought mine from Formula Cars a few years ago. They've looked after me very well- I highly recommend them.

Don't even think about the flash green & orange atacama V70R from them- It's MINE or at least it will be in a year or two

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbrick
    Don't even think about the flash green & orange atacama V70R from them- It's MINE or at least it will be in a year or two
    I've had my eye on that since Sep 2004.

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    !!!

Well I saw Tims car a week after he got it, so its mine...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Guys have lurked for a day or two with the intention of reseaching the purchase of a T5, however I am utterly seduced by a V70R and if a I can do a deal this week on my existing cars I will be buying one.

I can just afford £25K. Looking at the Volvo site a couple to choose from. Flash Green - Any views ? I Like it because it makes the car stand out but do dealers ? Will I get slapped because of the colour when I trade in ? If not Flash Green what other colours look good ? (I will be putting plenty of miles on, so I suspect I am more likley to be selling to one of you lot than a dealer.)
    Hi Collin,

I was myself giving some serious thought for purchasing an S60R, which tend to be circa £19-20k. Whilst I could just about stretch to this, I decided that once the initial rush of owning the car wore off I would probably be fed up with having so much capital tied up in a depreciating asset and the running costs that go with such a car. So, I'd think seriously about that!!

If you're set on a high-performance car which is reletively newish, you might want to check out the competition before placing that deposit on the R. All the road-test reviews I've read on it place it somewhat behind the Audi S4 in pretty much every catagory.

I've not tried geartronic, but my dealer told me it was "pants" (to use his word) and to go for the full manual.

Also, flash green is alright, I guess... but wouldn't be my first choice of colour! Each to their own and all that!
    #

Thread Information