Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    If your tired you should get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Having actually driven James' car, I can put a second opinion on the black engine mounts. At idle, it vibrates - a bit more than mine did before I fitted the strut brace tensioners. I don't like it but James is happy to put up with it because (and I can vouch for this) it goes away once your moving and isn't any worse than any P2 T5 with a normal poly top mount and normal poly lower mount.

Let's get some perspective here peeps - it's not like he's binned his mounts and fitted lumps of pig iron, BLACK SERIES AINT THAT HARD. A large number of us have powerflex products dotted around our cars, one thing that bothers me is the stupid colors visible in an engine bay that I've tried so hard to keep within a black and white theme. James' car has no stupidly coloured bushes visible, keeping it nice and OE looking.
    Well thanks for clearing that up for us Martin. I feel your exaggerating slightly about the colour of the bushes thou. The only 'stupidly coloured bushes' that you refer to are Yellow and purple. I know you can get other coloured bushes, mainly blue (IPD/ELEVATE) but I'm referring to Powerflex. One large yellow bush for the top mount is really the only bush on show. The other rear top mount bush is hidden under the baulk head so that is irrelevant. As for the tiny purple strut brace tensioner bushes, well they're hardly 'in your face' are they!? Besides, you can ditch the SBTB's all together and just fit IPD brackets, which they also do in plain silver metal colour too. That is better and means the strut brace really does become a strut brace rather than an engine support (which is what it really is with bushes fitted).

My engine covers, being blue, means that anything else coloured or even blue means that they are not that out of place.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 4th April 2014 at 11:41.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    mart- you could always spray the bushes with plastidip lol
    i know what you mean tho
    purple bushes look kinda odd even the yellow ones tbh...

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5RatherAmusin View Post
    mart- you could always spray the bushes with plastidip lol
    i know what you mean tho
    purple bushes look kinda odd even the yellow ones tbh...
    Well, I've still not painted the pink catch can yet either so it's all going to rat 5h!t in there any way lol.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    If your tired you should get some sleep.
    after reading what should of been a nice simple thread, which has gone round & round in circles for 4 pages it did help me sleep surprisingly well thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Sunday 6th April 2014)

The old girl is a little rough
    Thanks
    I fitted a yellow powerflex top mount, cross type, and the vibration is not as bad as thought, i had one in a P1 V70, the round type and that was bad, but the square powerflex yellow one is very good. Hardly noticable.
    '04 S60 D5 163

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pillapow For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Sunday 6th April 2014)

New here...old and oily
    elsewhere
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    after reading what should of been a nice simple thread, which has gone round & round in circles for 4 pages it did help me sleep surprisingly well thanks
    Yep, should have been a nice simple thread.

Unfortunately it contained inaccuracies and information that had the potential to caused those less informed needless work and unneccessary expense.

Back to sleep old fruit. (The Horlicks is in the top left cupboard.) BTW, are you any relation to ....

Have a good weekend all.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10521&dateline=138532  2015

9. The Following User Says Thank You to V70-R-T5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Sunday 6th April 2014)

Thread Information