Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Ph1 v70 t5 tuning

Hi recently bought the above said car , looking at giving her a bit more va va voom ! Any tips or advice please folk ? What's the basic internals good for ? Gearbox too , is the standard ecu mappable , if so do you need to buy a licence for the first map ? , what is the standard turbo good for , I'm thinking maybe upping the psi a touch full de cat , up grading discs and pads , probably ds 2500 ferodo , or any one recommend any that they have used ? Seen a couple of pics of cars on here that look to be running apexi data loggers and controllers ? , is the Simtek or ecu tek ecu available for these ? Sorry lots of questions just trying to sort my way through the car . And yes another question , wouldn't mind dropping the car a few inch all round , any one recommend any coil overs ? Or am I just as advisable to use lowering springs ? I won't be tracking the car as I have my Clio and evo for that , just want to liven it up a little

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    if it's a pre ME7, (throttle cable over the engine, you can get a remap through the post for 150 quid or so. ME7 cars are 250 upward.
    to lower it, you'll first need to get rid of the nivomat rear shocks. pfv do reasonably well priced spring/shock kits.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Looks like an ME7 to me........if it has a blue Volvo badge in the front grill then it's an ME7. Mine is 'pre-ME7' (M4.4) and an auto, but anyway I went with a TME map, which is similar to MTE. There are loads of different tuners out there and everyone will have their own opinion about it.

http://www.mte.se/default.asp?aGr=chLang

From the MTE website (which doesn't seem to be working at the moment!):

Stage 1 is a remap only
    Stage 2 is a remap & cat back
    Stage 3 is a stage 2 plus downpipe & cat
    After that you are onto bigger turbos/intercoolers/injectors/etc bigger money, bigger numbers.

Just some ideas, you will have your own opinion & budget in mind.....'Stage 0' should be first off - sorting all faults on the car and making sure all service items are replaced.

Check the front brake discs are 302 mm diameter, if not that is a reasonably priced upgrade from the 'R' models.

Personally I preferred the T5 suspension to the 'R' equivalent - too hard for me, must be getting old. I fitted a front upper strut brace to mine and I'm pretty happy with it as it is a daily driver. Quite high tho!
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Monday 17th March 2014 at 18:27. Reason: added stuff!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers for the reply lads , all good food for thought , not wanting silly bhp as still want reliability longevity etc , first things first like you say sort my electrical problem , then full fluids changed brake water oil ps , and a good inspection of the car on a ramp , glad I have one , and take it from there thinks again Gary

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Stage 0 then a decent map coupled with a 30mm drop is a good place to start, let us know how you get on.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrt5 View Post
    Cheers for the reply lads , all good food for thought , not wanting silly bhp as still want reliability longevity etc , first things first like you say sort my electrical problem , then full fluids changed brake water oil ps , and a good inspection of the car on a ramp , glad I have one , and take it from there thinks again Gary
    Don't forget to change the gearbox oil, not essential, but a good precautionary measure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

gwrt5 (Tuesday 18th March 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What car is it?is it a 2.4 lpt? looking at the wheels it maybe.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue View Post
    What car is it?is it a 2.4 lpt? looking at the wheels it maybe.

Lol it's a big Volvo to me , sorry never owned one before , bought it as a tow car , good price history , etc the exact spec I don't know maybe one of your good selfs on here could let me know ,

My mobile office ,

Thread Information