Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

V70 t5 warning lights ??

Hi folks
    New on here , bought a v70 t5 today , goes goes well stops etc etc all good 20 mile from picking it up water light comes on ?? Pull over check for leaks etc , can't find any ? Temperature normal ? So continue , 5 mile later abs light comes on ? Abs working fine , 5 mile later , traction control light comes on ?? Starting to worry now ? Have I bought a lemon ?? . Service light comes off and on as it pleases , so too does the engine management light ? Car runs like a dream pulls well no overheating , no leaks , brakes stops goes fine ?? Why all the lights . Am I missing something here or is my car a lemon , seller seemed genuine , is a member on here . Just a bit worrying with all the warning lights

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Abs/tracs lights are usually the solder joints on the abs pump, these can be repaired by either yourself or send it off, usually i believe around £60-70 or just live with it. its very common,

The Water light , if non loss of water is probably down to the level sendor/float in the header tank, Replace the header tank usually around £30.

All sounds normal and relativly cheap fix's nowt to worry about tbh. Just make sure your not loosing water

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nice one mate , will have a look at them in the week , maybe take the header tank off and flush it , see if it cleans the float , will do a bit of research ref the engine light . Hopefully all will be well , thanks again merc85 ps ya car looks nice

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gwrt5 For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Sunday 16th March 2014)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    No problem bud, With reference to the engine light there will be fault codes there which will help diagnosis to the problem. Could be anything so get someone to read the codes with a obd11 scanner and go from there.

Thanks for the kind words, Blacky's been some work lol

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    My guess is alternator on its way out. Had similar problems with my first v70 t5, funnily enough on the way home from buying it. Do the headlights 'pulse'?
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ahh good point mate ? Ref alternator it has had a big ol new battery stuck on it , and starting the car this morning all lights had went out bar the engine management light ? So I suppose an irregular electrical flow , from the alternator could be the cause . Will get a multimeter on it to see what it's pushing our thanks

Thread Information