Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    ive had a 9" grinder kick on me a few times. luckily i was wearing a full screen at the time or else it could of been nasty. even a 4.5" is bad enough when they kick. a lad i work with cut the tendons in his arm doing a simple cut that he carried out every day. heavy engineering is a dangerous game, its one im hoping im never going to have to do again.
    Try having an 88cc husqvarna chainsaw with a 54" bar kick at you. Luckily, it came straight back at me handle first and just knocked me on my arse. Lots of people aren't so lucky. If they kick upwards, those orange helmets don't stop them.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Try having an 88cc husqvarna chainsaw with a 54" bar kick at you. Luckily, it came straight back at me handle first and just knocked me on my arse. Lots of people aren't so lucky. If they kick upwards, those orange helmets don't stop them.

i can imagine they kick back very hard. my chainsaw is just a baby one with a 18" chain. big enough for me. dont still saws spin in the other direction to stop them kick back. they kick towards your knackers instead. i dont know which is worse
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

Thumbs up Done it! Angle Grinder 1 - Drop Links 0

I've done it, the old rear drop links are off and the new ones are now fitted but what a monumental PITA they were to get off. All the crap on the road and probably a lack of lube when the garage fitted the old ones meant they ceased after just a few turns and the Allan H5 key fitting inside the taper end rounded off. Thankfully the new HD ones have a 17mm spanner fitting next to the ball joints so I won't experience the same problem again in the future.

Anyway, it took an eternity to cut the damn things off and unfortunately, due to the fact that the angle was awkward and the 'cataracts view' out of my full face mask, it made it hard to see what was going on. I ended up partially cutting the mount/bracket, something I have flashed over with some black paint for now to keep the rust away and I'll repair with some chemical metal at some point.

Right, photos.......

By the way, these are up for grabs if anyone wants them, I'm open to offers.....

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Good effort mate.

If you know anybody with a welder and some skill James, get them to fill those cuts in the ARB and mount at some point. It will probably be fine but for peace of mind...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Dealer replaced both of mine last year. Took em an hour and charged me £75! Bargain! It was hard work drinking two cups of free coffee and salivating over the new Volvo's in the showroom.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    job well done but you need some practice with a angle grinder lol. im changing mine one day this week if i get time. along with the rear shocks.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Yes, first time with grinder was hard work and pretty scary for me but the alternative was a set of rear links that weren't going to budge for love nor money. I'll try filling the cuts with some chemical metal, I doubt they'll flag up on the MOT and if they do it will probably be an advisory at worst.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    When is the MOT James ?

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    When is the MOT James ?
    Monday! I've still got to get the ABS pump swapped over this weekend or it will fail.

Thread Information