Join Today

Thread: Dvla - wtf?

Wierdly beardly

Thanks

Thumbs down Dvla - wtf?

I bought a new personal reg for the V70R as the delay in them processing and then returning the original application meant that I had to leave my original personal reg on the Discovery when I sold it...

So, having spent £250 on the reg (which isn't bad to be fair), I sent off the docs last week and they were received back yesterday - great turnaround, a result! BUT... they sent me the replacement logbook with the correct new reg, another new logbook with the old reg, a new tax disc with the correct reg, the reg certificate with an incorrect reg (completely different but with my name on it?), and the replacement MOT cert has also got the wrong reg on it !

How can they get so many things wrong?! The good news is that I bought the number plates online and they've already made them and sent them out, without needing to see the certificate (which is incorrect of course!).

I advised my insurer of the new reg (no hassle there, all online and no charge, thanks AXA!) so they'll be fitted on Saturday. In the meantime I'll be writing to the DVLA to try and get a correct registration number certificate and MoT certificate!

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be Welsh (not often, but usually when someone mentions DVLA!!!)
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    They're in Swansea butty Bach - probably all suffering vicious hangovers from an epic session in Jack's. Allways seemed like a foolhardy notion locating the dvla in a town synonymous with hedonism

We used to bus it down there on a friday from Bridgend when we were younger & foolish. Happy days.

Good luck sorting out the paperwork. Computer will probably say no.

Morgan

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I'm from Swansea (well Gorseinon actually) so its painful complaining about them, but as you say they're probably all hung over lol. Wish I could say it was due to a winning spree, but I think the Jack Army is more likely to be drowning sorrows at the moment - tis looking decidedly shakey at the moment. We're missing Michu badly!
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

Thread Information