Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    #VPOWER

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
    You could try https://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/ they do the genuine R clutch and lots of others.
    Many thanks man,i have a few bits in my cart from here instead of bits and bobs all over the place.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to b5bruce For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Wednesday 14th October 2020)

#VPOWER

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    Was the price as pretty as their work looks to be....??
    Ha viva performance or TTV?I might actually go for the TTV light flywheel £300 delivered.And then the R clutch kit as opposed to the viva performance $440 before delivery...the TTV is lighter by about a kg also.then im thinking just go cheap and grab an 850t flywheel and resurface?
    Last edited by b5bruce; Wednesday 14th October 2020 at 11:05.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to b5bruce For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Wednesday 14th October 2020)

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b5bruce View Post
    Many thanks man,i have a few bits in my cart from here instead of bits and bobs all over the place.
    Yeah they can be expensive for some parts, but then much cheaper for other parts, so it's a trade off.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

b5bruce (Wednesday 14th October 2020)

#VPOWER

Thanks
    i understand mole explained alot a page or so back and it was great info.now that i have stripped everything back and done research i can understand more of what i am working with so Sorry About all the Qs as i am doing alot of research also but there is just so much out there and different opinions.would you say this is worth it?only realised how small the TB is when i was doing pcv.

https://www.vivaperformance.com/big-...0-s70-v70-c70/

also any thoughts on NA cams?

so its a b5234t3
    and am planning just recon turbo as it is 16t...and get angled hotside for better downpipe,will i bother with R exhaust mani?

will whites be ok?

full 3 or 2.5 exhaust
    maybe that viva mani as an intake mod
    intercooler and some water or meth spray and oil cooling options
    also heat shield and plenty of wrap
    and a good tune?

ha and box is deffo going to be solid soon.

that is just my thoughts and any advice would be great.

#VPOWER

Thanks
    And is it true that my whites will flow the same as blues if i change the fuel pressure?

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    i understand mole explained alot a page or so back and it was great info.now that i have stripped everything back and done research i can understand more of what i am working with so Sorry About all the Qs as i am doing alot of research also but there is just so much out there and different opinions.would you say this is worth it?only realised how small the TB is when i was doing pcv.

https://www.vivaperformance.com/big-...0-s70-v70-c70/

also any thoughts on NA cams?

so its a b5234t3
    and am planning just recon turbo as it is 16t...and get angled hotside for better downpipe,will i bother with R exhaust mani?

will whites be ok?

full 3 or 2.5 exhaust
    maybe that viva mani as an intake mod
    intercooler and some water or meth spray and oil cooling options
    also heat shield and plenty of wrap
    and a good tune?

ha and box is deffo going to be solid soon.

that is just my thoughts and any advice would be great.
    And is it true that my whites will flow the same as blues if i change the fuel pressure?
    N/A cams will depend on how far you wish to go in getting every last pony out of her or whether you can be bothered for the small extra gain you could possibly get, if the engine is coming to bits anyway, it may then be worth while sticking them in. You will find good gains by using a better exhaust manifold, the s60r item is good but costs double to 3 times what you can get a good japanifold for, I've used both on olive and found not much difference tbh. Larger TB and good intake piping will help, inlet manifold is good for a fair whack of horses before you would need to think of changing it, whites will be ok imho and if things look a tad lean then pop a 3.8 bar fpr in to get a few more drops of juice into her, I can not stress enough to get a good afr gauge in there to so you can see what's really happening fuelling wise, no point in guessing and killing an engine, get the right one and it will data log for about 3 hours, which is very handy. Water/meth is a good idea which imho is very important if your going to push the boundaries a fair bit with a small turbo and is working well on my car, which as you may have seen has achieved 301bhp and 521nm running a 15g turbo and pulled 13.4 on the 1/4 mile.

I'm guessing that you mean by saying your box is going solid....that your fitting a Quaife or Gripper diff..?

Hope that helps or at least clarifies some of your research, it all depends on how much you want to spend to how much bang you get for your buck, my route was to slowly build up by using the cheapest options that gave the biggest gains first and then added more expensive smaller gains later as I could afford them, my next move is going to be the most expensive so far on my project, which is a full ground up engine build with a closed deck block and forged internals, so not cheap and will be a long slow build as still saving for forged pistons at present and then it will require all the other rebuild bits, shells, gaskets, pumps, etc. etc.

Good luck with your build and please keep us all informed with your progress.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoleT-5R For This Useful Post:

b5bruce (Monday 26th October 2020)

#VPOWER

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    N/A cams will depend on how far you wish to go in getting every last pony out of her or whether you can be bothered for the small extra gain you could possibly get, if the engine is coming to bits anyway, it may then be worth while sticking them in. You will find good gains by using a better exhaust manifold, the s60r item is good but costs double to 3 times what you can get a good japanifold for, I've used both on olive and found not much difference tbh. Larger TB and good intake piping will help, inlet manifold is good for a fair whack of horses before you would need to think of changing it, whites will be ok imho and if things look a tad lean then pop a 3.8 bar fpr in to get a few more drops of juice into her, I can not stress enough to get a good afr gauge in there to so you can see what's really happening fuelling wise, no point in guessing and killing an engine, get the right one and it will data log for about 3 hours, which is very handy. Water/meth is a good idea which imho is very important if your going to push the boundaries a fair bit with a small turbo and is working well on my car, which as you may have seen has achieved 301bhp and 521nm running a 15g turbo and pulled 13.4 on the 1/4 mile.

I'm guessing that you mean by saying your box is going solid....that your fitting a Quaife or Gripper diff..?

Hope that helps or at least clarifies some of your research, it all depends on how much you want to spend to how much bang you get for your buck, my route was to slowly build up by using the cheapest options that gave the biggest gains first and then added more expensive smaller gains later as I could afford them, my next move is going to be the most expensive so far on my project, which is a full ground up engine build with a closed deck block and forged internals, so not cheap and will be a long slow build as still saving for forged pistons at present and then it will require all the other rebuild bits, shells, gaskets, pumps, etc. etc.

Good luck with your build and please keep us all informed with your progress.
    Many thanks again mole..very helpful,

too many ideas in my head and in the middle of relocating storage also so i have decided that for now i am just going to get the car running and make a good plan for upgrades.so R clutch internal slave TTV light flywheel and suspension is on the way,Ha thats what i meant by solid box...i understand i will deffo need a diff as the upgrades come so i am happily going to make a list of upgrades that i will write off probably early new year now by the looks of it...

will update here with results and pics.

Thanks again

12. The Following User Says Thank You to b5bruce For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Monday 26th October 2020)

Thread Information