Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    R u taking the p*ss?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    Yes I'm sure mate.

I definitely turn my back on 'normality' as many of my friends will tell you, I don't mind being viewed as a bit of a 'crackpot' and I'm willing to break the mould when it comes to stuff like this. I tend to fly in the face of the unknown at times and take the plunge where others daren't, although I have my own limits such as not wanting to climb Everest or jump out of an Aeroplane - I draw the line there.

Basically, I want to see just how rock hard I can make my car and really push the boat out plus I have this thing, some may think I've got OCD with this, but basically I want all the same bushes as much as possible so that I can feel what it's like to have Black Series everything and everywhere.

I'm probably raising eyebrows doing all of this but I'm really looking forward to the results.
    Some say once you've gone black there's no going back
    Has anyone here actually gone totally Black on the front end? If not then it's all a guessing game and I could be on to a winner.
    Ide be quite worried if it did maybe see a doctor for that one

3. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Saturday 8th March 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Only £115 from PFV, ebay seems short of them.
    You telling me you haven't got a strut brace yet? Bloody hell James, that's standard practice on a T5! It completely eliminates all the torque steer and enables more control and also helps with reducing wheel spin. You'll get more benefit from a £115 strut brace than you will £115 worth of black series bushes mate.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    I expected some serious stick over this, but there again I'm used to it by now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I expected some serious stick over this, but there again I'm used to it by now.
    Not serious stick, just common sense really. I admire your quest to go all black but I can't help think you will regret it. Not only that, the money wasted!
    If your insisting on continuing, then may I suggest you change one set of bushes at a time then live with the car for a month and see how you feel about it? Then fit the next set. Otherwise, when you overstep the mark (which you will) you won't know which bushes to remove that tip the car over the edge.
    I'm not being negative, just trying to help.

Btw, you shouldn't dis peoples comments. (Blah blah and whatever)
    I'm sure we're all just trying to give you sound advice.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Saturday 8th March 2014 at 08:36.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Friday 7th March 2014),soothingduck (Saturday 8th March 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    Got disaster written all over it. Your going to ruin the car big time
    Totally agree with Graeme on this one. The guys got a screw lose, first 0w30 oil now rock hard bushes in a daily driver because he thinks it will handle better but doesn't have a strut brace fitted yet

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Friday 7th March 2014),LeeT5 (Saturday 15th March 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Not serious stick, just common sense really. I admire your quest to go all black but I can't help think you will regret it. Not only that, the money wasted!
    If your insisting on continuing, then may I suggest you change one set of bushes at a time then live with the car for a month and see how you feel about it? The fit the next set. Otherwise, when you overstep the mark (which you will) you won't know which bushes to remove that tip the car over the edge.
    I'm not being negative, just trying to help.

Btw, you shouldn't dis peoples comments. (Blah blah and whatever)
    I'm sure we're all just trying to give you sound advice.
    Lee you're exaggerating and turning this in to a Storm in a teacup. Firstly, it's not standard practice to put a strut brace on a T5 even though it is practically a good idea for any car. Secondly, I'm not going to 'tip the car over the edge', for crying out loud man - I'm changing some rubber bits for polyurethane, you're talking to me as if I'm strapping two Saturn 5 rockets to the side of the ruddy thing.

Crikey, can't I post anything on here without the Trolls sticking their ore in and trying to pass it off as useful advice. Sorry but it really is childish behaviour.

I've got forum members offering me practical help with fitting all this kit, they know who they are and that help I appreciate from them!

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Well, it's your car James, you can do what you like with it, but just one last question, why do you think Volvo fit rubber bushes, and not polyurethane ones. Here ends my Trolling.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Saturday 8th March 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Lee you're exaggerating and turning this in to a Storm in a teacup. Firstly, it's not standard practice to put a strut brace on a T5 even though it is practically a good idea for any car. Secondly, I'm not going to 'tip the car over the edge', for crying out loud man - I'm changing some rubber bits for polyurethane, you're talking to me as if I'm strapping two Saturn 5 rockets to the side of the ruddy thing.

Crikey, can't I post anything on here without the Trolls sticking their ore in and trying to pass it off as useful advice. Sorry but it really is childish behaviour.

I've got forum members offering me practical help with fitting all this kit, they know who they are and that help I appreciate from them!
    If you didn't post nonsense 80% of the time maybe you wouldn't get the responses you are getting.
    You say you want the car to handle its best so the first thing any sane person would do, especially with a fwd car is fit a strut brace, a good sporty suspension setup and good tyres, but not you, let's poly bush everything first

What's the bet your next thread will be " I'm leaving again " lol.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Saturday 8th March 2014),LeeT5 (Saturday 8th March 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Look James, I don't know you and 'your right' to do with your car, is your right. I'm pretty thick skinned and you can say what you like to me, I know when I'm right about something and all I'm trying to do is offer sound advice. Whether you listen or take it, is your call, but there's no need to call us Trolls!
    I'm really not exaggerating and it is you that have turned this thread into a storm in a teacup by the mere fact of what you propose to do!
    It's clear to us all that you intend on cracking on with it, well good luck is all I can say. However, having changed many OE bushes for Poly myself, my advice stands. Change one set at a time or you'll never know which bushes make the car hideous to drive!!
    I had this problem when I changed my lower torq mount bush, swapped both out for poly. After a week or two I quickly realized that it drove like ££££e! So I removed the torq mount, fitted another new OE mount but this time I only replaced the smaller bush for poly. The result was amazing!!!
    Oh, and I assume you'll be having your wheel alignment done after each set is changed on the suspension (if you decide to change them one at a time)? That's gonna cost you!

Anyway, I've finished trolling now so I'm off back to my cave. Good luck James and whoever is helping you

By the way, I do hope your replacing all the rear bushes as well? They do black series for the rear too - I think as per S60 AWD diagram on the Powerflex site, I know they are the same as V70R/S60R - not too sure on the FWD T5 rear end?

Anyway...good luck James!!
    Last edited by LeeT5; Saturday 8th March 2014 at 09:04.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 8th March 2014),stribo (Saturday 8th March 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    One more thing too James. Can you do me a favour? Can you list ALL the bushes you intend on replacing for black series? I would be interested in knowing and I'm sure everyone would too. Being as your going rock hard, I assume you've already fitted the subframe void inserts? These make a big difference if you haven't. Had to remove mine due to steering vibration at low speed, but then I would never have known that if I had fitted ALL the bushes at the same time!! I would have been left guessing as to which ones were the culprit.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Has anyone here actually gone totally Black on the front end? If not then it's all a guessing game and I could be on to a winner.
    I'm just missing the black wishbone bushes, but I have made a solid front engine mount & got solid subframe bushes

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Change one set at a time or you'll never know which bushes make the car hideous to drive!!
    I reckon that is good advice there James. You will know fairly quickly if they make a positive or negative difference if you test them methodically by going over roads you know intimately.
    Anyway, good luck to you mate. It is your car after all, so if that's what you want to do, go for it. Keep us posted
    Me: 2005 V70 2.4 T5 SE. All standard.
    The Wife: 2008 C70 2.5 T5 SE. All standard.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverhorse For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Saturday 8th March 2014),LeeT5 (Sunday 9th March 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    A few words spring to mind here." A little bit of knolodgein the wrong hnds is dangerous". Some good advise here james youd be wise to listen.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Sunday 9th March 2014),MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 8th March 2014)

Another day,Another part. The
    Volvo pile is getting bigger

Thanks
    What are ?

"subframe void inserts"
    are they the 4 bushes (3+1)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Good idea to change one type at a time, or at least drive the car between type changes.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soothingduck View Post
    What are ?

"subframe void inserts"
    are they the 4 bushes (3+1)
    I've got 4 sitting in a box I purchased off Sponge some time ago, just haven't fitted them yet with the subframe coming down all the time I didn't see much point. Basically they fill the gap in the subframe bush to reduce chassis movement. They make a big difference apparently!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesT5 For This Useful Post:

soothingduck (Saturday 8th March 2014)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    I've got 4 sitting in a box I purchased off Sponge some time ago, just haven't fitted them yet with the subframe coming down all the time I didn't see much point. Basically they fill the gap in the subframe bush to reduce chassis movement. They make a big difference apparently!
    i got some alloy bushes made

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8969/...ing-insert-kit

Here's the poly insert kit for subframe bushes.

Another day,Another part. The
    Volvo pile is getting bigger

Thanks
    http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8969/...ing-insert-kit

Here's the poly insert kit for subframe bushes.
    Yeah in the states and stupid money to get them.
    I think its roofing sealant for me

Thread Information