Join Today
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    theyll be made in the same mould using the same cad design as all other bushes that are made in the yellow stuff. rather you than me with the harsh ride. hope you havnt got any loose filling.
    Yes, same design for obvious reasons or they wouldn't fit but powerflex claim the compound is 80% stiffer than standard rubber bushings.

It all comes down to personal preference, some people just go with uprated standard rubber bushings and are happy but other like myself prefer the harder ride.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    It'll be noisy too, I remember when I did the wishbones and engine mounts, I thought the manifold was cracked!
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    It'll be noisy too, I remember when I did the wishbones and engine mounts, I thought the manifold was cracked!
    martyn just think of it as a knock tool that they use at power engineering but on speaker phone
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Friday 7th March 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I've got a mixture of new OE, yellow, purple and Black powerflex bushes, all in the right places - I think. My car handles well, feels firm (like a new car does) and has a nice audible note without being intrusive, annoying, no dash vibration and above all, when cruising, it's fairly quiet. Meaning I haven't gotta turn the stereo up loud to hear the music. I'll be interested to know how this pans out.
    I know you want a 'firm ride' James, but I think you may be going to far. After all, isn't your car a daily runner? I know I like to put my toe down now and again and it's nice to hear and feel the car but really? Black series throughout! You sure?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

claymore (Friday 7th March 2014),graemewelch (Friday 7th March 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I've got a mixture of new OE, yellow, purple and Black powerflex bushes, all in the right places - I think. My car handles well, feels firm (like a new car does) and has a nice audible note without being intrusive, annoying, no dash vibration and above all, when cruising, it's fairly quiet. Meaning I haven't gotta turn the stereo up loud to hear the music. I'll be interested to know how this pans out.
    I know you want a 'firm ride' James, but I think you may be going to far. After all, isn't your car a daily runner? I know I like to put my toe down now and again and it's nice to hear and feel the car but really? Black series throughout! You sure?
    Yes I'm sure mate.

I definitely turn my back on 'normality' as many of my friends will tell you, I don't mind being viewed as a bit of a 'crackpot' and I'm willing to break the mould when it comes to stuff like this. I tend to fly in the face of the unknown at times and take the plunge where others daren't, although I have my own limits such as not wanting to climb Everest or jump out of an Aeroplane - I draw the line there.

Basically, I want to see just how rock hard I can make my car and really push the boat out plus I have this thing, some may think I've got OCD with this, but basically I want all the same bushes as much as possible so that I can feel what it's like to have Black Series everything and everywhere.

I'm probably raising eyebrows doing all of this but I'm really looking forward to the results.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Well if you wanna go really hard then the only way forward is to fit a chassis brace kit and also make the engine top mount solid.

I know someone with a manual R, same as mine who did just that. His top mount was solid metal!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    Yes I'm sure mate.

I definitely turn my back on 'normality' as many of my friends will tell you, I don't mind being viewed as a bit of a 'crackpot' and I'm willing to break the mould when it comes to stuff like this. I tend to fly in the face of the unknown at times and take the plunge where others daren't, although I have my own limits such as not wanting to climb Everest or jump out of an Aeroplane - I draw the line there.

Basically, I want to see just how rock hard I can make my car and really push the boat out plus I have this thing, some may think I've got OCD with this, but basically I want all the same bushes as much as possible so that I can feel what it's like to have Black Series everything and everywhere.

I'm probably raising eyebrows doing all of this but I'm really looking forward to the results.
    I think you may find the car is almost undriveable, unless on a smooth race track. It will also put undue stress on the suspension components and will definately shorten their life!
    The car may also skip and dance about on the uneven roads and therefore make it feel uneasy at motorway speed. Not a nice feeling.
    It's a lot of money to spend only to find you have to take half of them off.
    Good luck

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Yep, I'm with Lee on this one,
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Has anyone here actually gone totally Black on the front end? If not then it's all a guessing game and I could be on to a winner.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    If you want to go really hard James, stop fannying about with bushes, and fit coilovers

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    If you want to go really hard James, stop fannying about with bushes, and fit coilovers
    I thought about getting rid of my shocks and putting in solid cast iron 'rods', but I'll settle for some coilovers.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    I guess it would be like 19" on a "R" in advance mode,on a rough road = hopeless ride.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Don't worry everyone, I'll be putting in a full report when they're fitted and Mr Peachy can have the first VPC exclusive ride review when he's finished assisting me with the fitting.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I guess it would be like 19" on a "R" in advance mode,on a rough road = hopeless ride.
    The shocks and spring rates won't change, so I doubt the actual suspension will be mch harder, all that'll happen is they'll be more NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), as the bushes won't damp it out.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    The shocks and spring rates won't change, so I doubt the actual suspension will be mch harder, all that'll happen is they'll be more NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), as the bushes won't damp it out.
    You have to admit, cornering will be awesome though, I might even beat Frankie on a track day (now I have started something!)

will it never end?
    Thanks
    You have to admit, cornering will be awesome though, I might even beat Frankie on a track day (now I have started something!)
    The bushes will help wheel location, but as it's still running the same suspension including anti-roll bars, it won't make much difference to the handling, unless you drive it on it's limit all the time.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    with not having a strut brace, I think the inner wings will shake themselves to bits
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Got disaster written all over it. Your going to ruin the car big time
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    with not having a strut brace, I think the inner wings will shake themselves to bits
    Only £115 from PFV, ebay seems short of them.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I thought about getting rid of my shocks and putting in solid cast iron 'rods', but I'll settle for some coilovers.
    R u taking the p*ss?

Thread Information