Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

stripping s60 seat

anyone ever removed the base from a s60. got my front seats out but need to seperate them for the next stage of renavation. im sure ill sus it out tomora but if anyone has some diagrams or has done it befor then that would be handy
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    What was wrong with the seats ?.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    What was wrong with the seats ?.
    the general condition of the leather dosnt meat my standard. its starting to crack and look old. so ive been to the furniture clinic today and spent £100 on stuff to fully refurb them. just had my carpets professionally clean and all plastics have been cleaned and dressed. i want the leather to be like new so the inside is mint.

i cant live with the seats in this condition
    Last edited by graemewelch; Thursday 6th March 2014 at 22:12.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    This was my front seat.
    Before & After

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post478999

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Thursday 6th March 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    This was my front seat.
    Before & After

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post478999

good results there. very good match to. ill post up some pics when i start doing the work.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    I think give then a clean then condition them leave for a couple of weeks then the same again.
    They should come up quite well,looking at them I take it you haven't cleaned & condition them before you should be doing then every 3 months or so

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Just make sure you don't put the key in the car ignition barrel or you will get a air bag fault if you unplug the seats.

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    thats what you get for letting the collie drive it grae ahahah

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T5RatherAmusin For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Thursday 6th March 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I think give then a clean then condition them leave for a couple of weeks then the same again.
    They should come up quite well,looking at them I take it you haven't cleaned & condition them before you should be doing then every 3 months or so

they wernt in the best condition when i got the car. they cleaned up well but since me accident ive let the car go abit. im abit anal and want things to be as close to perfect as possible. only way to do that is to dismantle the seat, strip the top coat off and then apply a several coats of dye. if i ££££ it up ill get it done by the pros. but its not rocket science.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Just make sure you don't put the key in the car ignition barrel or you will get a air bag fault if you unplug the seats.
    battery is disconected and wont be connected untill the seats are fitted again. i can get rid of srs codes/lights with my i softloader anyway

Quote Originally Posted by T5RatherAmusin View Post
    thats what you get for letting the collie drive it grae ahahah
    hes banned lol. every now and again he sneaks in the car when im not looking.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    If you want really perfect then get some new leather covers from Volvo, failing that see if a breakers yard has some tidier ones. But if you are refurbishing the seats there are companies that do it for a fee but also there is Gliptone leather restorer which is supposed to be quite good.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    If you want really perfect then get some new leather covers from Volvo
    James do you know how much new seat covers are for our cars ?.
    I think they are around £300 just for the base cover and the same again for the top seat,£600 per seat so I don't think anyone would change for new covers.
    But with a bit of TLC you can make a very big difference to them.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    James do you know how much new seat covers are for our cars ?.
    I think they are around £300 just for the base cover and the same again for the top seat,£600 per seat so I don't think anyone would change for new covers.
    But with a bit of TLC you can make a very big difference to them.
    My top swab is torn on the stitching down the side (a common fail pint from what I can gather), so I may end up ordering a new top cover at some point. Better start saving!

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    My top swab is torn on the stitching down the side (a common fail pint from what I can gather), so I may end up ordering a new top cover at some point. Better start saving!
    Sorry I was wrong about the price !.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281107663264

Upholstery, right View Product

Stock Code: 39897788
    Price:
    $ 860.93
    Categories: Body and interior > Interior
    Assemblies: Upholstery, upholstery front seat frontseat police VOLVO Ocean Race (vor) "black sapphire" code BX7X V70 xc, XC70, -2004 code AX51 V70 -2004 code AX7X S60 -2004 code BX8X code BX5X, 2005- code dxxc code AX8X "inscription" S60, V70 2005- (CH 428900- CODE 9576
    CODE A576 V70 FC 1; CH 461733-, FC 2; CH 462729-, S60 CH 428900-)
    Additional Images:
    Last edited by Harvey; Friday 7th March 2014 at 10:21.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Friday 7th March 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    If you want really perfect then get some new leather covers from Volvo, failing that see if a breakers yard has some tidier ones. But if you are refurbishing the seats there are companies that do it for a fee but also there is Gliptone leather restorer which is supposed to be quite good.
    james i think youve completly misunderstud what my intensions are. ive no untrested in fitting seats from a scrapyard. i am not looking to tidy them up but fully refurbish them myself. im aware of gliptone products and these seats are beyond that. theres nothing wrong with the leather just the finish its self. my seats will look like new when finished.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Sorry I was wrong about the price !.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281107663264

Upholstery, right View Product

Stock Code: 39897788
    Price:
    $ 860.93
    Categories: Body and interior > Interior
    Assemblies: Upholstery, upholstery front seat frontseat police VOLVO Ocean Race (vor) "black sapphire" code BX7X V70 xc, XC70, -2004 code AX51 V70 -2004 code AX7X S60 -2004 code BX8X code BX5X, 2005- code dxxc code AX8X "inscription" S60, V70 2005- (CH 428900- CODE 9576
    CODE A576 V70 FC 1; CH 461733-, FC 2; CH 462729-, S60 CH 428900-)
    Additional Images:
    I think the design of the leather is very slightly different to mine but still, not a bad price at all!

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    james i think youve completly misunderstud what my intensions are. ive no untrested in fitting seats from a scrapyard. i am not looking to tidy them up but fully refurbish them myself. im aware of gliptone products and these seats are beyond that. theres nothing wrong with the leather just the finish its self. my seats will look like new when finished.
    No, I haven't misunderstood at all. The way I see it you want to restore the appearance of your seats and ultimately the overall appearance of the inside of your car. Replacing the seats with ones in better condition is just one option of many, so is the gliptone, both of which were just suggestions that might actually help you out?

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    No, I haven't misunderstood at all. The way I see it you want to restore the appearance of your seats and ultimately the overall appearance of the inside of your car. Replacing the seats with ones in better condition is just one option of many, so is the gliptone, both of which were just suggestions that might actually help you out?

But you wont get mint used seats. Plus a decent facelift leather will be over 350 and still not up to my standard. Gliptone wont restore the finish of the seats. Its just make the crack a bit more subtle.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    I hope you do a before and after Graeme, so we can all see the results.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I hope you do a before and after Graeme, so we can all see the results.
    ill try and take pics through all the stages but once i start something i like to get my head down and just get on with it. i just hope ill be happy with the car again after all this hard work thats going into it

Thread Information