Join Today

Thread: more bhp

This user has no status
    Thanks

more bhp

What the max power can you run on a v70R auto gearbox, don't wanna kill the standard engine internal or the auto box
    Last edited by jdewsnap1986; Friday 21st February 2014 at 21:46.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    You should be looking at around 280 but before you do I'd definitely get it booked in for a gearbox oil flush and do the usual stage 0 checks. Also I'd consider fitting the uprated oil cooler that volvo usually fit with a volvo tow bar install as an option. Other than that what maps are you looking at I did a bit of research on the auto maps with my gaytronic s60 before deciding to go for a better starting position so I could hit my target of 300+ and got my self a 6 speed manual 2005 S60 instead.

The MTE maps were spoken very highly of mainly because the torque was limited in 1st and 2nd, meaning you didnt get the wheel spinning launch but you still got the power when needed which to be honest in the UK most of the time its wet and you can't launch without spinning in 1st and 2nd anyway so it just meant you had a smoother start and then hit the power band in 3rd.

I think the other one I was looking at was the HLM map which seemed pretty good from word of mouth but before I got round to looking into them a bit more I found my new car and decided to go another direction.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be along shortly but thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by ExternalError; Friday 21st February 2014 at 18:29.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

jdewsnap1986 (Friday 21st February 2014)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    What car is it from? Its more lack of maintenance and power starting that breaks autos, so if you get the extra cooler fitted you should be able to run 300bhp.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

jdewsnap1986 (Friday 21st February 2014)

Thread Information