Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Question s60 engine ££££ed

replacing 2.0T engine for another 2.0T going to be easy or not?? things to check when buying new replacement to make fitting easyer??
    if its a unplug and unbolt then plug and bolt new lump in i will do that but if not i finding a t5 s60Name:  IMG_1728.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  53.4 KB

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    there was a 20t s60 in my local scrappy with a brand new engine in it last week but it's gone now.
    its pretty much a straight swap. you'll need your original ecu and if it's pre 2003, you'll need to keep your old throttle module.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    I dont want to put a downer on this, especially as I dont know the condition of the rest of the car and all each to their own but is an engine transplant on an 02 plate s60 2.0t economical?

(As I said, each to their own but if you arent that attached to the car it may be worth sinking the money into something else, like a T5?)
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I do love the car and I hate to see it down the drive with all my dads other scrap volvos if its only an engine I need and easy fit and to get running I think I'll fix it but I'm saving a lot of cash up for a facelift manual if there's 1 about if not I'll fix mine as my 2.0 was pretty damn quick for a 2.0

Thread Information