Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

New toys from PFV.....Bling!!

Removed the OE square top bush and fitted square poly. Very easy job without even removing the alloy mounting.

Tax disc holder not fitted yet cos the screen is too cold.

Re routed the TCV and outed my MK1 HD TCV and fitted IPDs new Mk2 HD TCV. However, I replaced there crappy plastic elbow fittings for proper brass ones. Much stronger and wont crack over time due to heat stress.

Enjoy!!

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Friday 7th February 2014),JamesT5 (Friday 7th February 2014),Jamest5r (Friday 7th February 2014),merc85 (Friday 7th February 2014),partsforvolvos.com (Monday 10th February 2014)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Very nice and yellow,so what's the noise level like with he bush fitted ?.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Lee, given your maintenance hungry nature, I was quite shocked to see you've only just fitted a polyurethane top mount.... unless you've just swapped one polybush for another?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    Lee, given your maintenance hungry nature, I was quite shocked to see you've only just fitted a polyurethane top mount.... unless you've just swapped one polybush for another?
    LOL, keep up Sir James!! i've had poly bushes on and off for years, I just couldn't find the right balance.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Very nice and yellow,so what's the noise level like with he bush fitted ?.
    i knew someone would ask and it's a fair Q.

Noise = Very, very minor increase, more notably the exhaust hummm. Absolutely no dash vibration, which was a relief and the best bit is, the gear changes are much more precise and smoother. I can only put that down to less engine movement, therefore, it prevents the engine movement from hindering the gear linkage.
    I'm very pleased!
    Also, note I have solid alloy brackets now on the strut brace. Those made an enormous difference with the steering. Less floaty and much more precise and only a slight increase in engine note, but still no vibration.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 7th February 2014 at 21:15.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Friday 7th February 2014)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I'm gonna buy a fancy tax disc holder in the September sales

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Saturday 8th February 2014),MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 8th February 2014),S70T5Chris (Friday 7th February 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    LOL, keep up Sir James!! i've had poly bushes on and off for years, I just couldn't find the right balance.
    This is why I asked because I wasn't sure. So you've gone for the gay yellow? I've gone for teeth chattering Black Series on mine as you know and I'm just getting used to it before I have to wear dentures...... (they'll fall out).

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    i knew someone would ask and it's a fair Q.

Noise = Very, very minor increase, more notably the exhaust hummm. Absolutely no dash vibration, which was a relief and the best bit is, the gear changes are much more precise and smoother. I can only put that down to less engine movement, therefore, it prevents the engine movement from hindering the gear linkage.
    I'm very pleased!
    Also, note I have solid alloy brackets now on the strut brace. Those made an enormous difference with the steering. Less floaty and much more precise and only a slight increase in engine note, but still no vibration.
    Good recommendation then. I've avoided a poly top mount as the general reviews on the P2's are horrendous! This sounds like a nice compromise!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    Good recommendation then. I've avoided a poly top mount as the general reviews on the P2's are horrendous! This sounds like a nice compromise!
    I like the 'firm' feel I get from the mount when the dashboard shakes.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    The dash isn't supposed to shake in a P2. That's what we have P1's for! LOL!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 7th February 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    The dash isn't supposed to shake in a P2. That's what we have P1's for! LOL!
    They do when you fit a Powerflex Black Series mount and strut brace tension bushes.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    This is why I asked because I wasn't sure. So you've gone for the gay yellow? I've gone for teeth chattering Black Series on mine as you know and I'm just getting used to it before I have to wear dentures...... (they'll fall out).
    ...As will your engine!

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Think I will give one a try,looking at you photo ,the 3 holes in the bush do they go all the way through it ?.
    I think they must help to give it that but more give.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Think I will give one a try,looking at you photo ,the 3 holes in the bush do they go all the way through it ?.
    I think they must help to give it that but more give.
    Can't remember mate. Jamie at PFV might know!

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Like where you've fitted the TCV.......much better place than where mine is.....gonna have to steal that idea
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Can't remember mate. Jamie at PFV might know!
    Well just broke the piggy bank,must stop spending on something I don't use.

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    Looks good Lee. Quick question, was the mk2 tcv fitted due to a fault in the mk1? If not are you selling the mk1?
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    Looks good Lee. Quick question, was the mk2 tcv fitted due to a fault in the mk1? If not are you selling the mk1?
    I have some minor issues I need to address and replacing the TCV was one of them. The black body of the TCV had started to work loose and because I've used the brass fittings from the MK1, it's renders it useless. i wouldn't risk the old TCV mate on your engine, so I'm afraid it's not for sale. Sorry bud.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

jdavis (Saturday 8th February 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    gear changes are much more precise and smoother. I can only put that down to less engine movement, therefore, it prevents the engine movement from hindering the gear linkage.
    I would spend a few minutes checking the gearbox torque link where it connects to the front cross member of the sub-frame, when the top mount is on its way out the excess force applied to the smaller lower torque link gets hammered and often breaks, easy to fix and not too costly either - Mike

Thread Information