Join Today
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    I cant see how you can prove that the garage was to blame. More likley it was a faulty part. If the clutch isnt fitted correctly then it wouldnt work. The fact that i didnt fail for months says to me that your clutching at straws. The work was done under warranty so i dont understand the fuss
    I have evidence I can't show you that indicates faulty installation.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    That is intresting cause expierence tell me otherwise. Theres only a few things you can do you wrong. Fit a clutch to a worn/used dmf. Fit the bearing the wrong way around. Impossible on the volvo. Fit the cluch plate the wrong way around, again clutch wouldnt work. Not preload the pressure plate this would just wear out the clutch plate faster. Not torque the pressure plate correctly. Youd feel it in the pedal if it came loose. Not aline the clutch plate. If the gearbox fits then its aligned. Id love to see this evidence cause i still dont beleave the garage is at fault and its a cause of blaming anyone regardless of it being there fault. This of course is just my opinion and untill theres facts to proce me wrong then my opinion wont be changing
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Sunday 27th April 2014),MIKESC70T5 (Thursday 24th April 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    your clutching at straws.
    Baddaboom-tsch
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gold 'N' Brown For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Thursday 24th April 2014),M-R-P (Thursday 24th April 2014)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    I had a customer fit the clutch plate the wrong way round and it punched the centre of the plate straight out, Also ive had one recently where a 2009 Mondeo diesel clutch was fitted not using the self adjusting clutch tool,(SAC) this caused clutch judder almost immediately after fitment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Thursday 24th April 2014),JamesT5 (Thursday 24th April 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    I had a customer fit the clutch plate the wrong way round and it punched the centre of the plate straight out, Also ive had one recently where a 2009 Mondeo diesel clutch was fitted not using the self adjusting clutch tool,(SAC) this caused clutch judder almost immediately after fitment.

Exactly what im saying gav. If its fitted wrong it just wont work. Mistakes do happen when they are fitted but you know instantly that its wrong
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status

Thanks
    First of all great news that your all done and the motor is back and on the road.

This lining up thingy!........again most are talking the incorrect language as now there are various versions of clutches ...some don`t automatic adjust.... and some do!

On the auto.adjust ALIGNING the counterhold with a special tool has to be used to enable automatic clutch adjustment.......there are levers with springs that go in slots etc. that all have to be aligned correctly...so is it this that Sachs say has not been done properly?

A CENTRALISING tool is the method used so as the gearbox goes on through the clutch splines ok and not ALIGNMENT.

As far as i know through out my motoring life of replacing engines and gearboxes the word has always been ......."get the clutch centralised"

You are centralising the clutch plate and not aligning it!
    Last edited by 960kg; Thursday 24th April 2014 at 15:59.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    First of all great news that your all done and the motor is back and on the road.

This lining up thingy!........again most are talking the incorrect language as now there are various versions of clutches ...some don`t automatic adjust.... and some do!

On the auto.adjust ALIGNING the counterhold with a special tool has to be used to enable automatic clutch adjustment.......there are levers with springs that go in slots etc. that all have to be aligned correctly...so is it this that Sachs say has not been done properly?

A CENTRALISING tool is the method used so as the gearbox goes on through the clutch splines ok and not ALIGNMENT.

As far as i know through out my motoring life of replacing engines and gearboxes the word has always been ......."get the clutch centralised"

You are centralising the clutch plate and not aligning it!
    I can remember this tread about S60R/V70R clutch fitting.So is the T5 the same set up ?.

You need a tool to reset the ratchet mechanism within the pressure plate mechanism.

This makes interesting reading this link.
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...tall-headaches
    Last edited by Harvey; Thursday 24th April 2014 at 19:05.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

960kg (Thursday 24th April 2014),merc85 (Thursday 24th April 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    yes harvey the t5 is the same set up. the pressure plate can be reset on a bench using two screw drivers. then fit the pressure plate. even if this hadnt been done to james car when the new clutch was fitted it still wouldnt of failed the way it did. it just would of ran out of adjustment sooner and would burn out faster. but not fall apart.

Thread Information