Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thinking of changing my volvo

Hi there i am thinking of changing my old 1998 v70 2.5 to a 2004 model.my old car has been so good with know major problems for the eight years that i have had the car and having covered over 128000 miles i am so impressed with it i don't really want to part with her,she runs perfectly well on lpg so is very cheap to run. my question is are the newer v70s as good as the old models like mine? i have see a 2004 model at a garage near to where i live for sale at £2500 the car has only done 89000 miles and looks in good nick,so im very tempted to buy it, if i do i am thinking of swooping my lpg from my old car to the newer one for a cost of about £600,so i would appreciate any feed back concerning the new cars, well the 2004 models,many thanks for your input ged

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    ive never had a older one but i do have a 2005 s60 and thats been a great car. 3 years of trouble free motoring.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    That's a good year for the P2 mate, nearly all the gremlins have been ironed-out, the DIMs are normally the newer ones (look for chrome rings around the speedo dials).
    More luxury, more comfort, more safety, more room but often, more expensive to fix. Everything's bigger so maintenance is a bit more work.

Take it for a drive mate, see what you think.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for you input lads i didn't realize that the newer models were bigger! just hope there is better leg room in the back as i think for a large estate car there seems to be little room when the seats are a put back a little,my brothers bm has is a lot more comfortable then my volvo thanks again any more info would be grate ged

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    My P1 V70 is like a limo in the back compared to my P2
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi dose that mean there is a lot more room in the old ones? i must say having not yet tried the p2 yet my car is very heavy and quite slow on acceleration but as the bloke said at the volvo garage look after it and it will last a long time as they are so solid,many thanks again for you help,ps i have booked a test drive in car that i have see so looking forward to trying it, i will let you all know what i think ok ged

Thread Information