Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts

Let the fun (spending!) begin!!

Never actually done a project thread before on any of the cars, so this will be a first!

As far as I know, this is the only White 855R Manual that Volvo sold in the UK, so when Cherry put it up for sale, I had to have it!!

She's rough round the edges, but a nice project to get my teeth stuck into (not that I do much of the work!).

Mechanically it all seem pretty well up together, goes as it should, no nasty knocks or bangs. It just need a new throttle cable (possibly the stiffest accelerator pedal I've ever felt!), a thermostat and handbrake shoes. They'll be the first little jobs just to make it easier to live with daily.

Cosmetics need work! Interior is pretty decent, apart from the drivers seat, which could do with being replaced ideally (anyone got a black 850R seat for sale?!!). The rest is all in good nick. Exterior wise; The paintwork is incredibly flat. A weekend of detailing would probably bring most of it back to it's former glory. But there's rust coming through on the tailgate and rear drivers side door. The lacquer has gone on the bonnet, so that need a respray, as do both the bumpers. I may just end up respraying the whole thing.

As much as I like Tritons, the wheels have to go, and i've already got a set of Volans lined up.

Mod wise, it's got a few already - Rica 304, OBX catback, Walbro Fuel pump, blue injectors, carbon airfilter box thingy, Electronic boost controller. It drives as it should, pulls well & brakes well. But once I've made my mind up which way to go, i'd imagine most of those bits will be gone.

Crap pics, sorry. It was getting dark when I took them earlier:

Not sure where to go first - Mechanics or cosmetics? Technically it runs good, so the mechanics could wait until it's looking right. Although, doing the mechanics first would mean my main man Tim, wouldn't have to be too careful when working on it.

On where to go with the mods/tuning; at first I was going to just restore it to a mint original example, but I don't think i'll be able to help myself, so the chances are it'll end up with some hefty mods but we'll see.

I've got to say, it feels good to be back in a P1. As fantastic as the S60R is, all you P2 guys have no idea what you're missing!! Let the fun begin!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Monday 20th January 2014),artfulflounder (Wednesday 22nd January 2014),Biff (Monday 20th January 2014),charlesboya (Sunday 12th March 2017),cherry1809 (Monday 20th January 2014),deathrider311271 (Monday 20th January 2014),Doingitsideways (Thursday 22nd January 2015),Jamest5r (Monday 20th January 2014),jdavis (Friday 30th January 2015),Jim S70R (Wednesday 22nd January 2014),LiamT4 (Monday 20th January 2014),martybelfastt5 (Monday 20th January 2014),merc85 (Monday 20th January 2014),MIKESC70T5 (Monday 20th January 2014),T5frankie (Monday 20th January 2014),The Flying Moose (Tuesday 21st January 2014),theflyingbrick (Monday 20th January 2014),V70 Graham (Monday 20th January 2014),WOODY T5 (Monday 20th January 2014)

Thread Information