Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Lee I fitted the dunlops and find them noisy do you find the same ?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Hi Lee I fitted the dunlops and find them noisy do you find the same ?
    Noisy? Compared to what?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    My Goodride budget winter tyres have been brilliant in the wet and dry, excellent grip even under WOT where as before the standard Kendar tyres would slip and skid in the wet.

For £230 for a set of 4 I really am very impressed with them, they've transformed the car!

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    Avon zz3 and zv5 great tyres for the money.I had a brilliant grip from zz3 dry and wet.Martin has zv5`s.Grop and comfort zv5`s would b my choice.
    I have zz3's on the front of my car now, after having them on the s70 as well. I've always found them good in the dry but bloody excellent in the wet, they just seem to cut straight through standing water. The only downside I've found with them is that they can tramline a bit, but I've found that seems to be the case with a lot of directional tyres. The zz3s seemed pretty good in the snow too considering they're not a winter tyre.

For a premium tyre that are excellent in the dry, I like continental sport contacts, they just seemed to grip really well when pushing hard, nowt special in the wet though.

p6000's are sh*te though, had them on my t4 and hated them and the previous owner of my current car fitted them too, was glad to get them off (off the front anyway).
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Noisy? Compared to what?
    Whatever winters the kid fitted plus his toyos /pirellis
    They're nearly as noisy as the grabber at's I have on the toyota

New here...old and oily
    elsewhere
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies.

Lots to take in and think about.

At the moment I'm looking at Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's, Continental Super Contact 5's and Vredestein Vorti's. However, I had Goodyear Eagles on my 840 Ci BM which were great and I have had Avon ZV5's on the wife's T5 which also did the job. It's just now having AWD, I just wondered if there a preference to what is better/suitable?

The plan is to wait until the summer months (well until when the clocks go forward in March) to fit the 18's, so I have a few weeks to mull it over.

Appreciate your comments guys.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10521&dateline=138532  2015

New here...old and oily
    elsewhere
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Keep them for the summer & 17 for winter.

What are the potholes like in your part of the world.
    That's the plan Harvey, either that or the wife may find them on her T5.

Potholes!!! Don't get me started .....local Roads Authorities and the state of the roads Grrrrr. Seriously though, generally they aren't too bad but some parts around here are horrendous. Far distance observations and quick reactions help but you'll always hit that new one that's appeared overnight when your in the line of traffic in the morning.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10521&dateline=138532  2015

Thread Information