Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Wow, thats poor, worse than my 540 by the sounds of it. That could manage low 30s on a long run. Although it was really poor in town driving, I managed 7.7mpg once lol
    So as you say, realistically the S60/V70 2 litre auto is no great achiever when it comes to fuel.

I too had a BM, E60 530i 6 speed auto... was better on juice than my V70 T5 manual
    Sorry, nothing Swedish here...

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeds_finest View Post
    So as you say, realistically the S60/V70 2 litre auto is no great achiever when it comes to fuel.

I too had a BM, E60 530i 6 speed auto... was better on juice than my V70 T5 manual
    Its hard to say really, generally autos aren't the best at short journeys anyway, and when I say its only £10 cheaper a week, than the 540, that would be driving the 540 gently. The bmw could be decent on fuel, for its size, but drive it hard and you soon realise how much fuel a 4.4 v8 can get through! In heavy stop start traffic the s60 would be far better.

Also the bmw would get low 30s cruising at 65mph were the s60 can get low 40s at 70mph and doesn't drop much until you go past 80mph.

I think the problem with the 2.0t is that you do have to give it some, to make decent progress, so if you do lots of miles then d5 would be the better choice.

(I hope that all makes sense)
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    When I decatted my exhaust I began getting more miles. 30 to 40 depends drive style. Stage 2 map. If i boot it then it's crazy. I have lpg on my car. That has saved me £7100 plus over last 6 years do just over a grand saving a year. 300 mile on £36 of lpg on a stage 2 map.

Thread Information