driving
    Thanks

rather rapid Volvo C70

Volvo C70 thrashing cbr 1000 and audi r6

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    looks familiar...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Boy that's quick!
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

better at crashing than
    driving
    Thanks
    my fathers challenge is to be quicker. I'll be very disappointed if it's not when it has the new engine

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Just found another video of same car on youtube 677bhp
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to expolicev70t5 For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Friday 3rd January 2014)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by expolicev70t5 View Post
    Just found another video of same car on youtube 677bhp
    Is that all, lol
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

better at crashing than
    driving
    Thanks
    find out who it is and organize a race

This user has no status
    Thanks
    there is no way on this earth a 677hp volvo would blow away a cbr1000 like that. I went up against a 1100hp BMW M3 on my Blackbird which was standard apart from rev limiter removed and that only just beat me over a 10 mile stretch absolutly flat out.

He is either scared of his bike or just not trying
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deathrider311271 For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Friday 3rd January 2014)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Looks like it hit a 300kph limiter

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    there is no way on this earth a 677hp volvo would blow away a cbr1000 like that. I went up against a 1100hp BMW M3 on my Blackbird which was standard apart from rev limiter removed and that only just beat me over a 10 mile stretch absolutly flat out.

He is either scared of his bike or just not trying
    Not disagreeing about the bike, i'd have thought you need more than 677bhp to beat a cbr1000, but did you see proof of this m3s 1100bhp? Just I've seen vids of a 1100bhp m3 doing 8.8 1/4miles, which is comfortably quicker than a blackbird.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Not disagreeing about the bike, i'd have thought you need more than 677bhp to beat a cbr1000, but did you see proof of this m3s 1100bhp? Just I've seen vids of a 1100bhp m3 doing 8.8 1/4miles, which is comfortably quicker than a blackbird.
    Ever tried launching a superbike? usually end up on the back wheel which will hamper acceleration, A blackbird would mince that c70 easy , and Busa ever quicker 9's btw on the 1/4 for the Busa

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k9plums View Post
    my fathers challenge is to be quicker. I'll be very disappointed if it's not when it has the new engine
    good luck lol

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Friday 3rd January 2014)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    Ever tried launching a superbike? usually end up on the back wheel which will hamper acceleration, A blackbird would mince that c70 easy , and Busa ever quicker 9's btw on the 1/4 for the Busa
    I've yet to to see any standard bike do 9's seen many busa's get 10's

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yes it was a proven figure of 1092hp but dont forget with the BMW he had too waite for his turbos too spool up where as the blackbird was already in the powerband, my blackbird would show over 200mph on the clocks altho it wouldnt have been that i know.

Gav is right about the Busa tho it is a quicker bike.
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    No I've not, Have you ever tried launching a 1100bhp car?

Busa's and bmw hp4s are the quickest bikes I've seen on the 1/4mile, late 9s, so the bmw i'm thinking of is comfortably quicker than those.

Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    I've seen a couple of busa's manage under 10 on the 1/4mile, not sure if they were standard, but according to the bike mags they can do it standard.

Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    yes it was a proven figure of 1092hp but dont forget with the BMW he had too waite for his turbos too spool up where as the blackbird was already in the powerband, my blackbird would show over 200mph on the clocks altho it wouldnt have been that i know.

Gav is right about the Busa tho it is a quicker bike.
    Ok.
    I agree on the bike thing, it should take a bit (lot) more than 700bhp to beat a proper superbike. I've seen vids of the bmw hp4 pasting 600-800bhp cars lol
    Last edited by LiamT4; Friday 3rd January 2014 at 15:32.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    well ive seen 3 lol

Here today gone tomorrow

Thanks
    That C70 is pretty dam quick to pull away like that....

Seen plenty of high hundred BHP cars destroy "proper super bikes" don't need to have over a 1000BHP to do it with either!! Ohh yeah and if you haven't got that amount of power easiest way is to add a few corners in the race.....works all the time lol.

Sorry not a massive bike fan, never have been!
    Last edited by Jim S70R; Saturday 4th January 2014 at 11:09.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim S70R For This Useful Post:

claymore (Saturday 4th January 2014)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S70R View Post
    That C70 is pretty dam quick to pull away like that....

Seen plenty of high hundred BHP cars destroy "proper super bikes" don't need to have over a 1000BHP to do it with either!! Ohh yeah and if you haven't got that amount of power easiest way is to add a few corners in the race.....works all the time lol.

Sorry not a massive bike fan, never have been!
    If you want to beat a busa or s1000rr in a straight line then you do need more than 1000bhp. I've watched hundreds of vids now on youtube of different cars/bikes racing and have NEVER seen the busa or bmw lose to a standard car and the only times I have seen them lose is to very highly modded cars.

Here's a good comparison to show just how quick a bike can be, a BMW s1000r (192bhp) vs Bugatti Veyron vitesse (1200bhp). The Veyron just has the edge at the end, probably because the bike has hit its limiter. The only standard car I think could beat either of those bikes on a role is the agera R. I think it would be quicker as I have seen the agera R race the Veyron vitesse (think I posted the vid on here a while back) and it pulls away from the Veyron quicker than the bmw does.

I prefer cars over bikes, but there's no denying how quick bikes are and you have to spend huge amounts of money if you want to go faster.

Here today gone tomorrow

Thanks
    If you want to beat a busa or s1000rr in a straight line then you do need more than 1000bhp. I've watched hundreds of vids now on youtube of different cars/bikes racing and have NEVER seen the busa or bmw lose to a standard car and the only times I have seen them lose is to very highly modded cars.

Here's a good comparison to show just how quick a bike can be, a BMW s1000r (192bhp) vs Bugatti Veyron vitesse (1200bhp). The Veyron just has the edge at the end, probably because the bike has hit its limiter. The only standard car I think could beat either of those bikes on a role is the agera R. I think it would be quicker as I have seen the agera R race the Veyron vitesse (think I posted the vid on here a while back) and it pulls away from the Veyron quicker than the bmw does.

I prefer cars over bikes, but there's no denying how quick bikes are and you have to spend huge amounts of money if you want to go faster.

Completely agree with you on how quick motor bikes are, I'm not saying that they ain't quick and the fact that a 10 grand bike would eat a half million pound super car in a straight line without fail. But just don't argee with and to be honest pretty dam bored of the motor bike vs car chat, always the same old #### every time!! How about a 500 quid hothatch with just a set of coilovers and poly bushes.....country lane, twisty road most race tracks = bye bye bicycle!!

Not trying to start WW3 with anyone who has or had a motor bike it's just friendly banter.
    Last edited by Jim S70R; Saturday 4th January 2014 at 12:25.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S70R View Post
    Completely agree with you on how quick motor bikes are, I'm not saying that they ain't quick and the fact that a 10 grand bike would eat a half million pound super car in a straight line without fail. But just don't argee with and to be honest pretty dam bored of the motor bike vs car chat, always the same old #### every time!! How about a 500 quid hothatch with coilovers.....country lane, twisty road most race tracks = bye bye bicycle!!

Not trying to start WW3 with anyone who has or had a motor bike it's just friendly banter.
    I can't stand all the car and bike fanboys and i'm not arguing either i'm just going with the facts. Maybe if your unfamiliar with bikes you don't realise how bikes have come on recently because, as long as its dry, the s1000rr would beat most cars on a twisty road or track.

Bike technology has come on massively in the last few years, as the launch of the s1000rr rewrote the rule book on superbikes and now bikes like the bmw hp4, Ducati 1199 Panigale R, the MV Agusta F4RR and Aprilia RSV4 are not just quick in a straight line but also quick on the track. Yes two wheels can't corner as quick or stop quite as fast as four wheels, but they have closed the gap and because they are so quick in a straight line, not many cars can beat them on the track now either. I remember on topgear a while back when the s1000rr raced the ariel atom v8 on the track and it wasn't much slower, and that was against a car designed specifically for the track and that has a power to weight ration that is as high as the bike.

Thread Information