Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

850 T5 lambda light and not boosting

So I've had the 850 for a few months and done loads of miles and had it dyno'd and it pulled REALLY well, was driving up north the other day and as I was driving along I noticed the lambda light popped up on the dash. Then as I was pulling out of a service station I noticed the car wasn't as quick as normal, still pulling but not as much as usual.

Floored it and checked the boost gauge and the car's not boosting above 5psi, but drives perfectly normally below that.

Anybody in the North/South Yorkshire area got a code reader they wouldn't mind me popping round and scanning in exchange for some beer tokens or even cash if you prefer it? Or another solution if anyone has one? I'm guessing MAP sensore or TPS but won't be sure until I plug it in I suppose.

Cheers, Charlie.

happy
    Thanks
    Hi mate, I have volvo fcr which will help you, aldo have a obd reader, what year is ur 850
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5
    Current Car:850t5

This user has no status

Thanks
    Awesome, shoulda said it's a 95 so OBD-I, whereabouts are you bud?

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie-r View Post
    So I've had the 850 for a few months and done loads of miles and had it dyno'd and it pulled REALLY well, was driving up north the other day and as I was driving along I noticed the lambda light popped up on the dash. Then as I was pulling out of a service station I noticed the car wasn't as quick as normal, still pulling but not as much as usual.

Floored it and checked the boost gauge and the car's not boosting above 5psi, but drives perfectly normally below that.

Anybody in the North/South Yorkshire area got a code reader they wouldn't mind me popping round and scanning in exchange for some beer tokens or even cash if you prefer it? Or another solution if anyone has one? I'm guessing MAP sensore or TPS but won't be sure until I plug it in I suppose.

Cheers, Charlie.
    as you said you really need to plug it in to find out whats up, its obviously gone into limp mode, lambda light came up on mine recently when messing about with the maf swapped ecu's to clear it, someone recently said that ecu only stores a limited amount of information and should it be a one off fault it will clear itself after 5 cold starts.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MoleT-5R For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Friday 27th December 2013)

happy
    Thanks
    Im in donny mate, I normally reside with pete and wayne but my project is taking up so much of my time lol, when are you about
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shepbomb View Post
    Im in donny mate, I normally reside with pete and wayne but my project is taking up so much of my time lol, when are you about
    It's my old car Ste, if you get stuck Charlie give me a shout and I'll come upto Sheps as well. No OBD2 plug under that panel tho remember :-)
    Wayne
    Last edited by munster732; Friday 27th December 2013 at 12:40.

happy
    Thanks
    Good to see u got it working dude, you making an appearance tomorrow

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie-r View Post
    Awesome, shoulda said it's a 95 so OBD-I, whereabouts are you bud?
    obd 1 has its own code reader, by the ecu box. Plug the fly lead into A3 port press the button for 1 second then count the flashes, that will be your code

10. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

shepbomb (Friday 27th December 2013)

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Have a gander at this Charlie, its what I used when I had an ABS light on once.
    Hope it helps, if not pop up if ur close by, be good to see the Grandad-mobile again

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/read-codes-volvo-850

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cool stuff cheers lads, I'll be back in Donny tonight but won't bother you on a friday night, I'll be about tomorrow until wednesday so whenever's easiest really? Thanks!

Car's been running wicked so far cheers Wayne!

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Vacume hose or intercooler system leak

Thread Information