Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    any chance of a photo of this cos my v70r is having similar problem
    Frankie, I've not managed to take the pics, as the weather is extreme, and I don't have anywhere sheltered close by. Hopefully I'll take them in the morn.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    Frankie, I've not managed to take the pics, as the weather is extreme, and I don't have anywhere sheltered close by. Hopefully I'll take them in the morn.
    ok no worries

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Here's my graph:-

Look forward to your comments.
    Mark that is extremely lean, I wouldn't want to drive the car until you've had the afr's rechecked. It's entirely possible that the issue was simply down to the pipe not being connected to the FPR but it must have knocked or something to cause the glltch at around 3,000 rpm as the power drops almost like a mirror to the AFR's as if it's pulled back the fuel or something and then it trys again and then the power increases again. As Chris has said you really want to be seeing 11's or low 12's on your AFR's. Tbh I think you're lucky that the materials and standard piston design are of good quality for a standard OE piston as lesser engines would have melted under those AFR conditions...

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Saturday 28th December 2013)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Mark that is extremely lean, I wouldn't want to drive the car until you've had the afr's rechecked. It's entirely possible that the issue was simply down to the pipe not being connected to the FPR but it must have knocked or something to cause the glltch at around 3,000 rpm as the power drops almost like a mirror to the AFR's as if it's pulled back the fuel or something and then it trys again and then the power increases again. As Chris has said you really want to be seeing 11's or low 12's on your AFR's. Tbh I think you're lucky that the materials and standard piston design are of good quality for a standard OE piston as lesser engines would have melted under those AFR conditions...

Cheers for the above Andy. What I can say is that the car seems a lot better with that fpr vac hose reconnected, but ever since I had the Rica 310 map fitted in Summer, I have noticed a knocking or missing at approx. 3,500rpm. The injectors weren't changed and are just standard(whites?) as far as I know. It's Chad's old map, and I don't know what injectors he was running.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Makes sense as you can see the missing/knocking in the power graph, I'd start by getting the injectors cleaned I know when my brother had his done it highlighted a fault with one of his whites and you wouldn't have known there was even a problem with it to drive it because obviously the car will try and compensate when on closed loop. The trouble with it compensating and adjusting the mixture via the readings from the lambda sensor is that its a collection of all 5 pots so the car has no way of knowing which one of the 5 is lean or rich so it will alter all of them to reach the desired afr level

Get the injectors checked/cleaned. FWIW my brothers S70R auto with whites and a Rica 304 was putting out very steady 11's on the AFR table when his was rolling roaded so they don't all naturally run lean

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Saturday 28th December 2013)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Makes sense as you can see the missing/knocking in the power graph, I'd start by getting the injectors cleaned I know when my brother had his done it highlighted a fault with one of his whites and you wouldn't have known there was even a problem with it to drive it because obviously the car will try and compensate when on closed loop. The trouble with it compensating and adjusting the mixture via the readings from the lambda sensor is that its a collection of all 5 pots so the car has no way of knowing which one of the 5 is lean or rich so it will alter all of them to reach the desired afr level

Get the injectors checked/cleaned. FWIW my brothers S70R auto with whites and a Rica 304 was putting out very steady 11's on the AFR table when his was rolling roaded so they don't all naturally run lean
    So if I have an injector issue and with the fpr vac hose disconnected, there was no hope for me at Wakefield. I'll let you know how I go on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Saturday 28th December 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    So if I have an injector issue and with the fpr vac hose disconnected, there was no hope for me at Wakefield. I'll let you know how I go on.
    Well with no fuel enrichment as a result of the pipe being off yes you automatically qualify for a fail and coupled with a potential injector fault you might as well have not bothered.. lol

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Well with no fuel enrichment as a result of the pipe being off yes you automatically qualify for a fail and coupled with a potential injector fault you might as well have not bothered.. lol
    I'm going to try this fuel system cleaner to begin with:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3106638447...84.m1497.l2649

Been looking at a Yank Volvo forum and it's highly rated on there.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Cheers Mark, it's the maf-end I'm interested in really as that's the end I always see flapping.

Mine goes into the intake pipe. Theres a little nipple thing on the underside of the top of the Intake pipe. Mine goes in there...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rudeyboy18 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Sunday 29th December 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm going to try this fuel system cleaner to begin with:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3106638447...84.m1497.l2649

Been looking at a Yank Volvo forum and it's highly rated on there.
    Personally I think you're wasting your time with those sort of cleaners. Far better off removing the injectors and having them professionally cleaned and bench tested

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Personally I think you're wasting your time with those sort of cleaners. Far better off removing the injectors and having them professionally cleaned and bench tested
    Fair comment, but I'll run it through the car and see what happens. What I have done, is I've found my graphs from 2012, and the afr's look at lot better:-

Name:  Hyndburn-20131230-00182.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  60.4 KBName:  Hyndburn-20131230-00183.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  57.0 KB

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeyboy18 View Post
    Mine goes into the intake pipe. Theres a little nipple thing on the underside of the top of the Intake pipe. Mine goes in there...
    Cheers for that, but I think it's the other end that we need to show. I presume that mine is right, as it certainly runs better now, but I haven't seen anyone else's car to compare it with.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers for that, but I think it's the other end that we need to show. I presume that mine is right, as it certainly runs better now, but I haven't seen anyone else's car to compare it with.
    Here is your MAF end....trying to find a pic. of the other end!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    Here is your MAF end....trying to find a pic. of the other end!!!!!
    have you been banned on voc then? lol

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    no beating around the bush then
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    The bloke's helping you out, and you're giving him grief.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    The bloke's helping you out, and you're giving him grief.
    i only asked a question , i wasnt giving anyone grief lol, i know where the other end of that pipe goes

This user has no status

Thanks
    i only asked a question , i wasnt giving anyone grief lol, i know where the other end of that pipe goes

........i know where the other end will be going lol

You are rude Frankie being so forward and blunt but i respect that ........and yes, i have

I was reinstated but the Mods did not even like my long but polite reply today....Sooooo they have installed the ban again until 2pm on the 1st of January........wow.....what can i do until then, well i have been busy on the other forums just generally trying to help in my own way but i am not posting any more on the VOC except my reinstating post.......sorry to say it will be polite but funny!

I cannot work or be involved with two faced members who run the place so i just take my labour elswhere, i am not sorry at all even after years of posting all things end so now is my time....shame really as i did like my name up in Pink lol

Forgot to say did you see Why?????.....look at the first thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=195448 or linky.......
    Last edited by 960kg; Monday 30th December 2013 at 20:01.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    ........i know where the other end will be going lol

You are rude Frankie being so forward and blunt but i respect that ........and yes, i have

I was reinstated but the Mods did not even like my long but polite reply today....Sooooo they have installed the ban again until 2pm on the 1st of January........wow.....what can i do until then, well i have been busy on the other forums just generally trying to help in my own way but i am not posting any more on the VOC except my reinstating post.......sorry to say it will be polite but funny!

I cannot work or be involved with two faced members who run the place so i just take my labour elswhere, i am not sorry at all even after years of posting all things end so now is my time....shame really as i did like my name up in Pink lol

Forgot to say did you see Why?????.....look at the first thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=195448 or linky.......
    notice you have that idiot strbryan having a go, does he get into an argument with everyone on there?

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    notice you have that idiot strbryan having a go, does he get into an argument with everyone on there?
    strbryan is a strange character I was selling a car on ebay, he bidded it up so he could see what my reserve was, then retracted his bid lol bless him,

Thread Information