Join Today
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Well it got almost the same parts,5 cylinder engine 2.4 ,turbo.
    Last edited by Harvey; Wednesday 5th February 2014 at 21:37.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    here's a weird little twist to the tale....

You all know how long I've been moaning about the drone from my powerflow system...

and since decatting his D5, Craig has been moaning about the lack of noise from his V70R exhaust...

we swapped systems this evening and I gotta say, chavboy's D5 makes the most stunning sound I've ever heard from a derv. it actually sounds like a powerful petrol car... sort of 328 beemer but deeper in tone. looks good too.

mine sounds like... well, a V70R to be honest lol. bit of a howl under boost but if anything, too quiet.

time for a sports cat methinks.
    Can't believe I missed this first time around, but a BMW 328 isn't a powerful car, well maybe compared to yours.

chavboi has finally got him a
    volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Well I did ask if you wanted it.....

So are you both happier now ?.
    Boom yes well pleased thanku
    chavboi

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigieboy View Post
    Boom yes well pleased thanku
    You should be in bed, you have an early start Saturday !

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

volvo
    Thanks
    Want a v70 t5 after August will have clean licence then
    chavboi

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I think you might need paddles if it rains much more.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Can't believe I missed this first time around, but a BMW 328 isn't a powerful car, well maybe compared to yours.
    seriously Steve, getting a bit tiresome now.

you ever heard a 328 under full throttle, when the 2nd. pipe opens up? makes an impressive sound indeed. now imagine that sound a bit deeper. it's nice.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

craigieboy (Wednesday 5th February 2014)

volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I know cant wait I like my bacon crispy by the way graham :p
    chavboi

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    I know cant wait I like my bacon crispy by the way graham :p
    Telling me is gonna do you no good, you'll have to be nice to Anne.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

will it never end?
    Thanks
    seriously Steve, getting a bit tiresome now.

you ever heard a 328 under full throttle, when the 2nd. pipe opens up? makes an impressive sound indeed. now imagine that sound a bit deeper. it's nice.
    Really mate, unlike you I'm not new to cars, the Cougar had the same set up, and believe me, a decent V6 will sound the nuts, as mine did, and some Beemers do, but they'll sound nothing like an inline 5.
    I'm not sure what's becoming tiresome for you, but as you're a mate, I'll put it gently to you. Your car is the fastest x plod on the planet, it'll certainly wipe the floor with the Bugatti Veyron, and the new McLaren P1, as for the sound it makes, well, the old Ferrari V12 F1 engine, combined with a TVR AJP, coupled with a Jag supercharged V8 don't hold a candle to your car.
    Sorry, couldn't break it gently, so was a choice of blunt or sarcastic, guess which I went for.
    Seriously mate you beginning to sound more and more like Frankie with "my car's quicker than X" or "my car sounds like Y" 2 things, it's not your car, and although you've done a great job with it, it's not all that, it's a tidy T5 x plod V70.

volvo
    Thanks
    Really mate, unlike you I'm not new to cars, the Cougar had the same set up, and believe me, a decent V6 will sound the nuts, as mine did, and some Beemers do, but they'll sound nothing like an inline 5.
    I'm not sure what's becoming tiresome for you, but as you're a mate, I'll put it gently to you. Your car is the fastest x plod on the planet, it'll certainly wipe the floor with the Bugatti Veyron, and the new McLaren P1, as for the sound it makes, well, the old Ferrari V12 F1 engine, combined with a TVR AJP, coupled with a Jag supercharged V8 don't hold a candle to your car.
    Sorry, couldn't break it gently, so was a choice of blunt or sarcastic, guess which I went for.
    Seriously mate you beginning to sound more and more like Frankie with "my car's quicker than X" or "my car sounds like Y" 2 things, it's not your car, and although you've done a great job with it, it's not all that, it's a tidy T5 x plod V70.
    Oh dear :'(
    chavboi

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Oh dear :'(
    Don't worry,it could be worse,it could be a pink car he has..
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

14. The Following User Says Thank You to siamblue For This Useful Post:

craigieboy (Wednesday 5th February 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    i might have to open a popcorn stand this year. seems like theres going to be a good market for it. £2.50 a bag. please order in advance or risk being disapointed
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Thanks
    ???

wtf just happened?

lets clear something up here. I don't go on about how good my car is because I know it's just a tarted up ex plod that's been to the moon and back.

I don't go on about how fast it is because there's plenty of cars which will cover the 1/4 a lot faster.

I happen to know beyond any doubt however, that mine will outrun 90% of volvos on this forum top end wise, that's a simple fact.

I'm not new to cars, merely new to a licence..

what's tiresome is the constant "your car's slow" crap. and yes it's my car, in every aspect but the V5. I bust my balls getting it into some kind of half decent shape, I made the extra cash to buy mods and I resent the "your wife's car...' comments. they were funny a year ago mate.

all I did was make a comparison between the sound of Craig's car and a 2.8L inline 6 exhaust system.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    So does the S80 now how a twin exit exhaust one each side or did you retain the tailpipes Martin?

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    So does the S80 now how a twin exit exhaust one each side or did you retain the tailpipes Martin?
    Craig now has my full catback system and I have the V70R exhaust he got from Harvey....

and here's mine with the R exhaust...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

will it never end?
    Thanks
    ???

wtf just happened?

lets clear something up here. I don't go on about how good my car is because I know it's just a tarted up ex plod that's been to the moon and back.

I don't go on about how fast it is because there's plenty of cars which will cover the 1/4 a lot faster.

I happen to know beyond any doubt however, that mine will outrun 90% of volvos on this forum top end wise, that's a simple fact.

I'm not new to cars, merely new to a licence..

what's tiresome is the constant "your car's slow" crap. and yes it's my car, in every aspect but the V5. I bust my balls getting it into some kind of half decent shape, I made the extra cash to buy mods and I resent the "your wife's car...' comments. they were funny a year ago mate.

all I did was make a comparison between the sound of Craig's car and a 2.8L inline 6 exhaust system.
    You go one about how quick it is all the time, the latest one was something to do with someone not making judgements about how quick it is until they've been in it.

How is it simple fact that'll you'll outrun people top end? Just because the car's geared high doesn't mean it'll achieve that speed, are you saying that if it was geared to do 300mph it could do it, come on mate use your head, being geared to do a speed and having the power to do it are 2 different things.

Haha two Nissan Notes says differently.

-paragraph removed-

Your comparison was between Craigs car and a powerful BMW 328, all I did was point out that BMW's aren't that powerful, but everything's relative.
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Thursday 6th February 2014 at 11:25. Reason: peronal attack removed

This user has no status

Thanks

You go one about how quick it is all the time, the latest one was something to do with someone not making judgements about how quick it is until they've been in it.

How is it simple fact that'll you'll outrun people top end? Just because the car's geared high doesn't mean it'll achieve that speed, are you saying that if it was geared to do 300mph it could do it, come on mate use your head, being geared to do a speed and having the power to do it are 2 different things.

Haha two Nissan Notes says differently.

-Paragraph removed-

Your comparison was between Craigs car and a powerful BMW 328, all I did was point out that BMW's aren't that powerful, but everything's relative.
    That's a bit strong, imho... Where's all this tension come from guys?
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Thursday 6th February 2014 at 11:24. Reason: Quoted post edit

This user has no status

Thanks
    Craig now has my full catback system and I have the V70R exhaust he got from Harvey....

and here's mine with the R exhaust...

Looks smart, will you be sticking with this set up or opting for an entirely standard T5 system Graham, sorry Martin

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Thursday 6th February 2014)

Thanks
    now who can't take it?

I'm not going to continue this conversation now Steve. with or without your rather insulting rant, I consider you a mate and I'm not gonna put you in a position to embarrass yourself further.

nite all.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Thread Information