Join Today

Thread: cone filter

This user has no status

Thanks

cone filter

Hi folks I intend to start fiddling about with my 2002 awd 2.4 petrol and I thought I would ask if there is any advantage to fitting a cone air filter as I have a couple in the garage ,I did a search and there seems to be mixed views due to the heat under the bonnet.If I did use a cone filter is there a pipe made to extend and covert the maf connection i.e two bolts to a plain end to clamp the filter to. Thanks for looking any thoughts or idea's would be helpful .

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    The only real advantage is induction noise. If you want to fit one, split the airbox, but leave the bottom half in place, unbolt the maf from the top half, discard the top half, and the cone will fit on the maf with a jubilee clip, then just rest it back in the bottom half of the airbox.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    if yours is a turbo (which I don't think it is) you'll get lots of interesting darth Vader noises but a normally aspirated engine will just growl. there'll be no difference in performance, unless the filter is too small and then you'll just strangle the engine.

heat will never be an issue.

to fit, just remove the maf from the lid of the air box, fit the filter to the maf and rest it in the bottom of the air box.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thanks
    beat me to it...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that stribo might as well just keep what's there I'll just make sure it,s kept clean.

This user has no status

Thanks
    It is a turbo I am told its the 200bhp lpt .There is something about these motors, only bought it to cart the dogs about to save my wife's Zafira now we don't use the Zafira..My son is going out with a girl thats got four Volvo's, I met a chap that live,s just outside Ipswich he's got god knows how many ,they must be addictive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Pegdon View Post
    It is a turbo I am told its the 200bhp lpt .There is something about these motors, only bought it to cart the dogs about to save my wife's Zafira now we don't use the Zafira..My son is going out with a girl thats got four Volvo's, I met a chap that live,s just outside Ipswich he's got god knows how many ,they must be addictive.
    it's like some sort of secret lol. you've got to drive a Volvo for a while to understand just how good they are.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    M R P where did you get your stainless filter ,if you don't mind me asking?.

Thread Information