Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Oil leak at back of engine

Hi guys,

Turbo oil return pipe …never done one but looking at it it looks like the bolts at turbo and take out pipe ..replace O ring …is it as easy as that ?

Also as I look from under car at back of engine there is a rectangular ( ish ) metal box bolted on to block that looks like its leaking oil …anyone know what this box is ….again …simple to remove and replace gasket or is there something more to removing this ?

Muchos appreciated all

PS car is R plate C70 manual

TFB

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I think the box is part of the oil system, possibly a cooler.

I wouldn't be surprised if the box isn't leaking, just spill from the return pipe. A little oil goes a long way, especially when gravity is involved.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Yep, return pipe is an easy job, but make sure you change the "O" ring and gasket.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    As Colin says oil return pipe is very easy a couple of hex nuts and a couple of bolts that secure the pipe and your away, just be careful not to bend the return pipe during removal as they can sometimes be more fragile than they appear then refuse to seal properly again.

As for the box, its possible if its where I think (front left side of engine as you look from the front) the oil cooler as Martin says. I am however very doubtful the unit itself is leaking from the gasket contact to the engine however there are two O-Rings to the front where the cooler pipes for the rad cooler connect which can go brittle.

Thread Information