Join Today
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    As Adam says, best to get a spare ecu to play with in case things go tits up.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

bongodave (Wednesday 18th December 2013)

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bongodave View Post
    Fascinating post! I even managed to understand some of it. lol

If my understanding is right, this involves bridging using wires, not a chip. Is this as effective and what exactly would I need to do to bridge mine? Am guessing an obd2 dongle will need to be purchased and a software upgrade. Where is this software available?

Be a nice project, esp if free, but need reassurance it is do-able and as effective as a chip.
    There is no need to actually bridge anything in the ecu to get it to do what you need, it's a simple process of writing the file over obd2 socket via the free software . the software is on the link> http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/M44_Wiki
    4.4 motronic ecu. ostrich emulation chip. boost sensors+ wideband inbuilt to the ecu. 650cc injectors. hybrid GT28 turbo. custom 5 branch manifold. Large side mount intercooler. pipercross custom airfilter. no cat. no back boxes >< All in a saxo
    Follow the volvaxo project on facebook @ > http://www.facebook.com/groups/volvaxo/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hybriduno For This Useful Post:

Suspended
    wake me in 2014

Thanks
    Presumably this has to be done with a lead and a laptop? Hate to ask the dreaded, aprox bhp increase as it feels common on this austere forum lol........but what bhp u talkin innit? Much the same as a chip?

Lots of questions there to assist in empathising with my exploding noddle!

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    Presumably this has to be done with a lead and a laptop? Hate to ask the dreaded, aprox bhp increase as it feels common on this austere forum lol........but what bhp u talkin innit? Much the same as a chip?

Lots of questions there to assist in empathising with my exploding noddle!
    yes laptop + obd vagcom lead to write the files, As with anything bhp is always down to the tune/ the upgrades /the state of the engine/etc etc , if anyone says just chipping your car (which to be honest i'll imagine there doing the same as this) will add 60 bhp for instance then in my opinion there lying. everyone's cars are different as are all the parts that make the power.
    I have a few files that I have tried and some are extremely different to others ie: torque curve / boost etc etc.
    4.4 motronic ecu. ostrich emulation chip. boost sensors+ wideband inbuilt to the ecu. 650cc injectors. hybrid GT28 turbo. custom 5 branch manifold. Large side mount intercooler. pipercross custom airfilter. no cat. no back boxes >< All in a saxo
    Follow the volvaxo project on facebook @ > http://www.facebook.com/groups/volvaxo/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hybriduno For This Useful Post:

Suspended
    wake me in 2014

Thanks
    Ahhh...okeedoke. So this sounds feasible for a first time 0bd2'er who's previous experience is counting flashes on an FTO.

I can get the chip fitted for £60 or sent out and I fit for £50 and no bhp claims have been made tbf. It's £60 I could spend getting the LPG serviced tho so will download and have a look if software is twaat-proof.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Ahhh...okeedoke. So this sounds feasible for a first time 0bd2'er who's previous experience is counting flashes on an FTO.

I can get the chip fitted for £60 or sent out and I fit for £50 and no bhp claims have been made tbf. It's £60 I could spend getting the LPG serviced tho so will download and have a look if software is twaat-proof.
    Hang on, your car has lpg, be very very very careful what you do, you must map for lpg, if you just map for petrol or put a chip in you will almost certainly melt something.
    It might be worth you reading this thread: http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/25381-t...in-cylinder-1/
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

10. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Hang on, your car has lpg, be very very very careful what you do, you must map for lpg, if you just map for petrol or put a chip in you will almost certainly melt something.
    It might be worth you reading this thread: http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/25381-t...in-cylinder-1/
    exactly! be very careful

Suspended
    wake me in 2014

Thanks
    I have been told the LPG ECU will need to be mapped too. Seems full of pitfalls tho. Does Engine ECU have to map for LPG or simply map Engine ECU then do the lpg to compensate?

My head hurts!

Just read the thread, thanks, and it basically afirms what a couple of you guys on here have said, i.e. leave the right foot for V-Max and conservative for LPG.

It'll be like having a turbo switch on acid! lol
    Last edited by bongodave; Wednesday 18th December 2013 at 19:06.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Switch back to fuel to put your foot down... lets face it LPG is for miles... not power

You can only run one map at a time... that why you would get less power on gas compared to petrol as i doubt it will be mapped for lpg
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett855tdi For This Useful Post:

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Does nobody remember my thread entitled free 4.4 tuning?
    I said about this months ago & I got shot down how I shouldn't go down the tried & tested tuner route....
    Thanks for proving me right Adam (and a couple of other people). It was commented that tuner pro was a cowboy program & no way as advanced as turbo tuner.
    I was made to feel a bit wet behind the ears to be honest & now you've got the cogs turning again! I know lads who run scoobies & Saab engined cars that use tuner pro. Think a spare ecu, vag com cable & a wide band are needed in the new year.
    Happy as a pig in poo I can have a switchable map or 3 I'll take standard, fast & millennium falcon mode please.
    That thread is bookmarked & I'm geeking.
    Cheers mate!!
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 18th December 2013),Dangerous Dave (Thursday 19th December 2013)

Suspended
    wake me in 2014

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    I said about this months ago & I got shot down how I shouldn't go down the tried & tested tuner route....
    Thanks for proving me right Adam (and a couple of other people). It was commented that tuner pro was a cowboy program & no way as advanced as turbo tuner.
    I was made to feel a bit wet behind the ears to be honest & now you've got the cogs turning again! I know lads who run scoobies & Saab engined cars that use tuner pro. Think a spare ecu, vag com cable & a wide band are needed in the new year.
    Happy as a pig in poo I can have a switchable map or 3 I'll take standard, fast & millennium falcon mode please.
    Cheers mate!!
    What's Volkswagon Audi Group gotta do with it?

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Cheers mate!!
    who ever said it was cowboy software obviously has no clue. this software has been proven in the tuning world for years, jesus we used to use it on skylines! and yes your right, saab users also use it as saab uses motronic to as far as im aware, and I also know a few people that run it on there Scooby doo's!
    Chin up biff lets work this ££££ out together

Meh.....
    Thanks
    It's just a generic name of the cable you plug in dude. Search eBay.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    you really must go read the actual wiki thread..........vagcom cable is used to write the maps over to the ecu via obd2

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hybriduno View Post
    who ever said it was cowboy software obviously has no clue. this software has been proven in the tuning world for years, jesus we used to use it on skylines! and yes your right, saab users also use it as saab uses motronic to as far as im aware, and I also know a few people that run it on there Scooby doo's!
    Chin up biff lets work this ££££ out together
    Amen to that brother!! I'll be reading up again as it has come on loads since I last looked!
    I will be carrying this out for sure. I really fancy a go at mapping on the open road & my bro in law will drive while I play.
    Feel like I've had an early Christmas present.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    you cant live map. but you can change and update in seconds
    Roll on Friday afternoon! that's when I get to have a little play

Meh.....
    Thanks
    you really must go read the actual wiki thread..........vagcom cable is used to write the maps over to the ecu via obd2
    This is what I mean, it wasn't this advanced when I looked at the idea.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:

Meh.....
    Thanks
    you cant live map. but you can change and update in seconds
    Roll on Friday afternoon! that's when I get to have a little play
    Right, well that's even better then! I'm going for a quick drive love.... Lol
    missing being Swedish

Previously:

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    just need to find someone clever enough to make a daughterboard for the 4.4......then you can live map but then it will prob be as expensive as the turbo tuner ecu lol........maybe I need to look at what other ecu's could work. as we put a 300zx ecu into an r33 gtst and live mapped that.

Suspended
    wake me in 2014

Thanks
    I was taking the proverbial lol.

Have started reading article and will finish it after understanding what I have already read.
    Last edited by bongodave; Wednesday 18th December 2013 at 22:57.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bongodave For This Useful Post:

hybriduno (Wednesday 18th December 2013)

Thread Information