Join Today

Threaded View

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

New Turbo....(Tick!) :-)

Well ladies, I picked up my car today from my local main dealer after they spent 2 days fitting a new turbo. LOL, even thou the book time is only 4.30 hours, the tech said it was a right bitch of a job. I guess thats because they don't do very many....or none at all. I gave them specific instructions to make sure that they swapped over the crappy recirc valve fitted to the new turbo for my alloy Forge valve, not forgetting the yellow spring!
    I checked the car over in the car park before i started her up, checked the oil (nice and clean) and checked to make sure everything was in its place, nothing loose etc. All good. Started her up and drove the scenic route home.
    First thing i noticed was the car seemed quieter, well, the engine anyway. I could here the turbo spooling and I watched the boost guage rising and falling as I drove home. Warmed the car nicely on the motorway and only saw a peak boost of about 15psi. Then I had a chance to really open her up on a mile of dual carriageway.
    I floored it in 3rd as I exited a roundabout and kept my foot planted.. watching the guage out the corner of my right eye....

Well, what can I say?! I was totally astonished as the needle flew round to 20psi and held from 3500 rpm - 5000rpm before I changed up to 4th.
    Holy cow!!! The noise was awesome!!! The rush from the exhaust was insane and it pulled like a train. Instant massive grin!! No smoke at all either.

Good to see that had carried out a full health check and everything was fine accept a split rear wiper blade and a cracked seal on the fuel cap. They also washed and hoovered the car too.

Well worth £1350.

I am one happy bunny. I will take some photos in the daylight tomorrow of the new turbo. Its all very shiny behind there now

Well done Lipscomb Volvo, Aylesford.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Nealevo (Tuesday 10th December 2013)

Thread Information