Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    your mars a welder

Thanks
    andy , al give ya 1000quid lol .
    would say its got to be what some 1 is willing to pay , the rare factor comes into play aswell , at York there was 4 red 855r there lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leet5r For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Sunday 8th December 2013)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Surly its all about the originality of the car as to what its worth? why would a car need to be restored in the 1st place? id rather a car which has been pampered all its life and if its needed anything its been done using high quality oe parts. Also one which hasnt needed any paint work due to accident or neglect. if it has had paintwork it would need to have been carried out to the best standard and no orange peel etc. Also impeccable history.

I really dont think you will find another example of a 850 R which is so original and straight as andys, and if the worst did happen i dont think you will find another example as good to replace it. Insurance value with mods id say 8k, because its replacement would have to have these done, market value id say 6k.

A car is only worth what someone will pay for it at the end of the day.

I've not seen to date any other t5r, R or normal 850 855 or v70 which is as clean or as honest as andys, Im not just saying this cus his a mate either, ive been and done Concours show's etc etc and im basing my opinion on my experiences.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Sunday 8th December 2013),graemewelch (Sunday 8th December 2013)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    Surly its all about the originality of the car as to what its worth? why would a car need to be restored in the 1st place? id rather a car which has been pampered all its life and if its needed anything its been done using high quality oe parts. Also one which hasnt needed any paint work due to accident or neglect. if it has had paintwork it would need to have been carried out to the best standard and no orange peel etc. Also impeccable history.

I really dont think you will find another example of a 850 R which is so original and straight as andys, and if the worst did happen i dont think you will find another example as good to replace it. Insurance value with mods id say 8k, because its replacement would have to have these done, market value id say 6k.

A car is only worth what someone will pay for it at the end of the day.

I've not seen to date any other t5r, R or normal 850 855 or v70 which is as clean or as honest as andys, Im not just saying this cus his a mate either, ive been and done Concours show's etc etc and im basing my opinion on my experiences.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    I knew it would come to this at some point and thats why I told you Andy your car is only worth to you and for someone who wants the kind of car and willing to pay a high price.For the insurance valuation I`d say around £6000 or so tho it`s probably just about half of what you spent if that.Me personally would have this car over any other on the forum,main reason auto box and the set up to get the best out of that autobox.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsford G For This Useful Post:

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    this is exactly the reason why everyone breaks their cars as they are worth alot more broken

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    this is exactly the reason why everyone breaks their cars as they are worth alot more broken
    thats it im breaking blacky (again) lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Sunday 8th December 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Thanks for the comments guys S70T5Chris and Gav are about where I'm thinking value wise tbh, will have a total up for the cost of the mods so far and see where it leaves me if I needed to do the same again.

find another another one previous owner 850r with 97k on the clock then
    Find an 854R in grey in any condition with any number of miles and owners, there's only ever been 5 for sale since I've owned mine and 3 of them are no longer on the road

Which in my mind is a damn shame as most of the better ones which have been broken within the last 2 - 3 years are not even close to the end of their shelf lives, adds to the rarity of the rest of them though

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Andy, I'd defiantly put your value in the region of 5k+, I'm sure you have spent a lot more than this on getting it to its present condition, I know I certainly have with mine and yours in in better condition. I had an insurance 'agreed value' put on my car through RH insurance services, it cost me £100 and a 3 hrs inspection but worth it if the worst was to happen.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nealevo For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Sunday 8th December 2013),iancho (Monday 9th December 2013)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    nor did you mine

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
    I would like to, Do you have any pics?

There are some other examples out there as good. You just never see them on the forums!

My old car was never on any of the forums until I bought it, I also know of a fellow enthusiast who does not post on any forums that has a Red 855R which he has owned for 13 years and a White 855R both are equally as clean as my old car and impressed me when I inspected them.

Andy's car is a very special example, I have always said that to him and if it was for sale and I was looking to buy then I would tear his arm off at £5k.
    saw plenty of pic's of yours and i stand by my original statment. i will leave it at that. we will have to agree to disagree.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    saw plenty of pic's of yours and i stand by my original statment. i will leave it at that. we will have to agree to disagree.
    where has his post gone? lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    where has his post gone? lol
    I deleted it, Cant be doing with bell-ends that think they know it all.

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Just my two-penneth worth......
    We all know these cars are woefully undervalued in terms of market value (a happy coincidence if you like to collect them ) but when I see the time & money some forum members have poured into the heavy modifications then when it comes to insurance values the equation has to be fairly simple:
    Get the most you can based on replacement donor car + garage fees + parts. If your paying extra premiums you need additional value returned to replace the car like for like, or as close as possible.
    Take emotions out of the equation because you can be damn sure the insurance loss adjusters will!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Sunday 8th December 2013),iancho (Monday 9th December 2013)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
    I deleted it, Cant be doing with bell-ends that think they know it all.
    you're entitled to your opinion mate same as all of us, it is annoying when everyone thinks 850's begin and ends with Andys, true it is nice but the forum is full of cracking motors

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    you're entitled to your opinion mate same as all of us, it is annoying when everyone thinks 850's begin and ends with Andys, true it is nice but the forum is full of cracking motors
    A lot of people seem to think Volvos begin and end with 850s.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    A lot of people seem to think Volvos begin and end with 850s.
    no begin with 850r's and end with v70r's lol

23. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    What did I miss, I've never proclaimed to and indeed do not believe I own the best 850 out there, in fact I think you find I've always stated that there are bound to be better out there whenever people seem to bring it up! If I've caused some sort of upset with this thread then obviously I'll apologise now, the purpose of this post is I've become quite aware of the amount the car is worth at market value and what it would cost to get to where I am now should I be forced into that situation.. No hard feelings I hope

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    What did I miss, I've never proclaimed to and indeed do not believe I own the best 850 out there, in fact I think you find I've always stated that there are bound to be better out there whenever people seem to bring it up! If I've caused some sort of upset with this thread then obviously I'll apologise now, the purpose of this post is I've become quite aware of the amount the car is worth at market value and what it would cost to get to where I am now should I be forced into that situation.. No hard feelings I hope
    it's not you Andy don't worry about it, even if i own the lowest mileage 850r on here with one owner, have spent thousands on it this year to get it to where it is, mine wouldnt' still be in the running as the best even if hardly anyone has seen it, why? cos it's mine. no-one on here even want the autos,

i'm not for one minute thinking that mine is in better nick, but on paper its worth alot more

26. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    will if i was to put a price on this car of yours andy it would be around the 4800 to 5k as its the best one i have seen and that red one on ebay is not a patch on this i should know it was my car

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

28. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    it's not you Andy don't worry about it, even if i own the lowest mileage 850r on here with one owner, have spent thousands on it this year to get it to where it is, mine wouldnt' still be in the running as the best even if hardly anyone has seen it, why? cos it's mine. no-one on here even want the autos,

i'm not for one minute thinking that mine is in better nick, but on paper its worth alot more
    That's fair enough, perhaps half the appeal of mine is that I don't tend to push the boundaries of what can be done because I tend to think along the lines of what the manufacturer would do if they were tweaking one of their own cars but still doing it in line with their own brand values? I've only ever owned 2 cars and my previous car had a high level of respect within the Ford scene but never once did I proclaim to own the best of the bunch and yet various threads took a downward spiral for no reason..

Thread Information