Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Cabbie.

How can the owner of a C70
    have no status
    Thanks
    Nice work Steve,car looks in good nick

Have you sold the "R" or wrapped it round a tree?

2005 S60 T5 SE X PLOD RICA 300 MAP

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rikcougar View Post
    Nice work Steve,car looks in good nick

Have you sold the "R" or wrapped it round a tree?
    No, still got the R, this one's is purely to do up and sell on though Rachel's taken a shine to it.lol

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Glad to see the roof/boot are sorted mate, bet you won't be making that mistake again eh lol

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    Glad to see the roof/boot are sorted mate, bet you won't be making that mistake again eh lol
    No, that's what happens when you're trying to work on the car, and look after a bored 1 year old.

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Personally I would be concentrating on the low oil pressure. You now have a working roof but you could have ££££ed engine.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Yes, but now the roof's up I've got the garage back.

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    But the first thing you should have done when you got the car was to look at the oil pressure problem.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    I couldn't, the roof was stuck down, and as Rachel works weekends now I don't get a lot of time.

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    I'll put my disc cutter away for the time being

10. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

stribo (Sunday 24th November 2013)

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    If you are after any cream coloured trim panels then I know where they are 2 ME7 C70`s in a breakers at Emsworth

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

stribo (Tuesday 26th November 2013)

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Right got a bit of time on the C70 today, first off I changed the coilpacks, with nice new ones:

The plastic piping around the wires has gone brittle, and is breaking up, is it worth wrapping them in insulation tape, or will they be o.k. left as is?

Second job was to adapt the boost hoses to bypass the intercooler to see if that was the cause of the boost leak:

Took the car for a spin, but there is still no boost. I'm guessing the turbo's goosed, as when I got back the pipe across the top of the engine was still cold, it also started making a screeching noise from the back of the engine as I was near home:

So when I get time I'll take the inlet hose off and see if there's any movement in the turbo or if it's seized.

And Rob, the oil pressure problem will be checked when the oil pressure sensor arrives from JT, but the light hardly came on today.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    My plastic piping has also gone brittle mate, I left mine like that and 18 months on everything is fine.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

15. The Following User Says Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

stribo (Saturday 7th December 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    For the wiring to the coil packs get some new "split convoluted conduit" from the "bay" and replace it all, one it will look neater and secondly it will reduce the chances of bits of plastic dropping down the coil pack holes when you change the spark plugs.

As for your lack of boost are all the small vac lines connected, un-split and more importantly connected in the correct way, I would be checking the simple stuff such as this before assuming the turbo is goosed, also have a good look at the intercooler, is that holed or split, you won't get the turbo to spin up much with the car sat still but it is worth pulling the pipe of the turbos inlet and ensuring it can spin freely by hand.

For the oil pressure, I would replace the simple switch with a pressure sender then read the pressure on a gauge this lets you see what is going on with the oil pressure across a range of engine temperatures and revs, you can get sender units that act as dual function i.e. they provide a low pressure switch and give out an oil pressure signal for the gauge, this would be my first task on this engine before doing anything else as it could prove costly to fix if the oil pressure is as low as the light leads you to believe - Mike

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    I think the oil pressure problem is nothing compared to the possible goosed turbo.

I'll warm the disc cutter up

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    is that a d5 or a t5? i wouldnt be reving it or driving it. you can clearly hear theres a oil pressure issue. i bet the cams are now in poor condition. if it was mine. id rip the engine out and buy a new lump with turbo. i bet the turbo is either very worn or siezed due to lack of oil pressure.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
    For the wiring to the coil packs get some new "split convoluted conduit" from the "bay" and replace it all, one it will look neater and secondly it will reduce the chances of bits of plastic dropping down the coil pack holes when you change the spark plugs.

As for your lack of boost are all the small vac lines connected, un-split and more importantly connected in the correct way, I would be checking the simple stuff such as this before assuming the turbo is goosed, also have a good look at the intercooler, is that holed or split, you won't get the turbo to spin up much with the car sat still but it is worth pulling the pipe of the turbos inlet and ensuring it can spin freely by hand.

I changed the pipework to bypass the intercooler in order to rule out the intercooler.

For the oil pressure, I would replace the simple switch with a pressure sender then read the pressure on a gauge this lets you see what is going on with the oil pressure across a range of engine temperatures and revs, you can get sender units that act as dual function i.e. they provide a low pressure switch and give out an oil pressure signal for the gauge, this would be my first task on this engine before doing anything else as it could prove costly to fix if the oil pressure is as low as the light leads you to believe - Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    I think the oil pressure problem is nothing compared to the possible goosed turbo.

I'll warm the disc cutter up
    Turbo's no problem, I have a spare. Step away from the disc cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    is that a d5 or a t5? i wouldnt be reving it or driving it. you can clearly hear theres a oil pressure issue. i bet the cams are now in poor condition. if it was mine. id rip the engine out and buy a new lump with turbo. i bet the turbo is either very worn or siezed due to lack of oil pressure.
    It's no noisier than my C70, apart from the 'screeching'

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks

isn`t the spare turbo meant to go on the gay gold c70 ??

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    That screeching sounds like a pully?
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

How can the owner of a C70
    have no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Turbo's no problem, I have a spare. Step away from the disc cutter.

It's no noisier than my C70, apart from the 'screeching'
    Sounds a lot like mine Steve

If there is no boost at all and everything is physically ok then check the maf

I have had two cars in the past that have suffered from the same problem, both of which were fixed with a new maf

2005 S60 T5 SE X PLOD RICA 300 MAP

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rikcougar For This Useful Post:

stribo (Saturday 7th December 2013)

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post

isn`t the spare turbo meant to go on the gay gold c70 ??
    Yep, so they'll be the old one from my C70 spare.

Thread Information