Join Today
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    My phone does like swear words. Piss not pics ha

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So need to get people to list their max psi they got with the turbo fitted. Want to know what's the max anyone has had out of the 16t, 18t and 19t range of turbos. I've heard 15psi is the max I can get? Plus do the 2.3 t5 have the same injectors as the 2.4's? So wish I'd bought a bloody facelift t5 now. Although my car is loads of fun once u hit a target I find I always want more ha

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5REU View Post
    So need to get people to list their max psi they got with the turbo fitted. Want to know what's the max anyone has had out of the 16t, 18t and 19t range of turbos. I've heard 15psi is the max I can get? Plus do the 2.3 t5 have the same injectors as the 2.4's? So wish I'd bought a bloody facelift t5 now. Although my car is loads of fun once u hit a target I find I always want more ha
    Blue injectors (which yours should have) will be fine mate. they're in all T5 ME7 cars as far as I know.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    there is a reason its mapped to 15 psi because that is whats safe, if you put a 19t on at 15psi it will will boost harder than a 16t at 15psi so you will have more power just from changing the turbo

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Little history with the chrome map setup. I got the car mapped 2 years ago. Rolling road prior to map was 248bhp after map was 251bhp. Ben tested everything and saw that the actuator was shot. Didn't have one in Stock so sent me away saying get a new one fitted and bring us the car back so we can set it up. Anyway a week later Tim Williams sent me a Spare old actuator he had knocking around. I installed that and the boost went from 9psi to 15psi and the car was ace. I never went back to shark to get them to set it up due to a 2 hour drive and I planned o doing other mods before returning which I have now only just completed. I called them last week and they said bring the car back and we will fine tune it with the extras u now have for £170 plus vat which I thought is good. Ben said if I stall the 19t it would be a weeks work for then to tune £600 instead for only a small about of extra power. He said it wasn't possible to guess what the bhp would likely to be due to every car being different and they do t do many 19t's on s60s

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    You need better tyres mate.

Anf ffs turn Elton off before filming
    Need get some winter tyres on. Summer tyres fitted.

Funny quote lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What gaskets and fittings do I need to fit the 19t . thought I'd keep the exhaust housing in place and just release the banjo clip and swap the compressor, what u think? Will get forge actuator to.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Little history with the chrome map setup. I got the car mapped 2 years ago. Rolling road prior to map was 248bhp after map was 251bhp. Ben tested everything and saw that the actuator was shot. Didn't have one in Stock so sent me away saying get a new one fitted and bring us the car back so we can set it up. Anyway a week later Tim Williams sent me a Spare old actuator he had knocking around. I installed that and the boost went from 9psi to 15psi and the car was ace. I never went back to shark to get them to set it up due to a 2 hour drive and I planned o doing other mods before returning which I have now only just completed. I called them last week and they said bring the car back and we will fine tune it with the extras u now have for £170 plus vat which I thought is good. Ben said if I stall the 19t it would be a weeks work for then to tune £600 instead for only a small about of extra power. He said it wasn't possible to guess what the bhp would likely to be due to every car being different and they do t do many 19t's on s60s
    you can get alot more power form a 19t than a 16t mate

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    19t (with billet wheel), 344bhp@1.5bar

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    19t (with billet wheel), 344bhp@1.5bar
    can get more with a tim williams map

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    can get more with a tim williams map
    would that be using the 100bhp transmission loses of Power Engineerings dyno lol

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    would that be using the 100bhp transmission loses of Power Engineerings dyno lol
    power engineering?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 11th November 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    power engineering?
    PowerStation, near enough lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What gaskets and fittings do I need to fit the 19t . thought I'd keep the exhaust housing in place and just release the banjo clip and swap the compressor, what u think? Will get forge actuator to.
    From what i know that wont work.... different sized compressor needs a different wheel (meaning the turbo will need to also be re balanced if you change it)

Also as most of us know the 3" flange and 3" DP is what you really want on a 19T setup
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Brett855tdi;659759]From what i know that wont work.... different sized compressor needs a different wheel (meaning the turbo will need to also be re balanced if you change it)

Also as most of us know the 3" flange and 3" DP is what you really want on a 19T setup[/QUOTE

I'm told the hot side wheels are the same for all td04hl range its only the cold side are different sizes.

I have a 3 inch down pipe. 3" flange? Not sure if I have that. Where do I get that from and where does it fit?

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    when did you get the 3"dp? lol

Thanks
    I'm told the hot side wheels are the same for all td04hl range its only the cold side are different sizes.
    they are. I'd also recommend a 3" throttle body & 3" Rip with a 19t, i was very disappointed with the lag without them

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    my 19t has a straight outlet

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=T5REU;659770]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett855tdi View Post
    From what i know that wont work.... different sized compressor needs a different wheel (meaning the turbo will need to also be re balanced if you change it)

Also as most of us know the 3" flange and 3" DP is what you really want on a 19T setup[/QUOTE

I have a 3 inch down pipe. 3" flange? Not sure if I have that. Where do I get that from and where does it fit?
    Yea the hot side wheels are the same... as they are all TD04 units.... however the cold side wheels are different

The hot side output of the turbo (where your dp bolts onto) Is usually a 2.5" bore 15g 16t etc etc
    So theres not too much point in a 3" system if your running a 2.5" flange... a bottle neck is a bottle neck
    Im not 100% sure where the 3" hotside came from but im under the impression its from the s60r 19t (im sure i will be corrected if im wrong there)
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    [QUOTE=Brett855tdi;659826]

Yea the hot side wheels are the same... as they are all TD04 units.... however the cold side wheels are different

The hot side output of the turbo (where your dp bolts onto) Is usually a 2.5" bore 15g 16t etc etc
    So theres not too much point in a 3" system if your running a 2.5" flange... a bottle neck is a bottle neck
    Im not 100% sure where the 3" hotside came from but im under the impression its from the s60r 19t (im sure i will be corrected if im wrong there)
    S60R has a KKK K24 turbo, not a 19t.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

Brett855tdi (Tuesday 12th November 2013)

Thread Information