Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Another ETM question

I have a C70 T5, 2000 model with ME7, and my ETM I think is playing up, it has a flat spot sometimes on very light throttle and it sometimes holds back a little when giving it large in the higher gears, although it does come and go, and my question is actually I have another ETM which I bought off of ebay some time ago, it apparently is virtually new having been fitted to the car it came from for only 6 weeks before the car came to an ignominious end, the car it came from was another 2000 C70 T5, and what I want to know is will this throttle unit plug straight in and work without needing to be reprogrammed or any other farting around with it? Also, would there be any point in cleaning my existing throttle unit? Also can anyone suggest anything else that could be wrong? The car has had, but not relating to this particular issue, new MAF, new o2 sensor, plugs were replaced 10,000 miles ago. It also has an MTE remap which the car responded to very nicely and has power and acceleration that makes it go very quickly indeed!
    My Fleet; 2000 Volvo C70 T5, 1994 Volvo 440Li, 1984 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 L, 1973 Morris Marina 1.3 Deluxe Coupe, 1999 Ford Transit Car Transporter, there are another 4 cars and 6 Motorcycles but these are my dads!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I believe it will work but the ETM light may be on until it is programmed to the car and could be in limp mode. It is possible it will just work fine as some other members have done this and it has worked without reprogramming apparently. I think a brand new ETM would not work unless programmed but i could be wrong.
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jez.w For This Useful Post:

red_hot_volvo (Monday 10th February 2014)

Thread Information