Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
    The Haynes isn't too bad for generic information but you will get better detail and tips for any pending jobs on the car by posting questions on the forum, I would never rely upon a Haynes wiring diagram, the Volvo ones are much better, grab a copy and save it to your PC from Here just make sure you pick the correct model and year, the diagrams aren't colour coded like the one I posted earlier but they do contain information about the colour of each wire just remember the abbreviation's used for each colour are in Swedish which can take a bit of getting used to.

Glad to hear the car is fixed all the same - Mike

Hi Mike

I know this thread is very old and I thought I knew V70's pretty well as Ive had them for over 20 years! I have raised a question about brake lights. About to go home the other morning after a night shift I started the car but went to move my gear lever from PARK and noticed my brake lights were not working - I know the brake light switch also affects the gear lever locking solenoid, (geartronic gearbox) so the car is immobilized! What I want to also know is WHERE does the locking solenoid take its feed from? The CEM? The electrical diagrams show no solenoid anywhere?

I checked the fuse [F9] above the pedals and that was OK. So I took my van home and left the car at work. I fitted a new brake light switch and still nothing. Called the AA at this stage and the guy was next to useless. He spoke little English and I knew more about the car than he did so a wasted 4 hours waiting for them! He plugged in his OBD reader and came out with a load of nonsense that the ABS module was shot ( funny as the brake lights go nowhere NEAR the ABS module according to my wiring diagram)

My car is apparently 2004 an 'oddball' fill in model between 2005 and 2007 variants so like a MK 2 1/2! Apparently there is a fuse to the RM15 relay in the cargo area? now on my model its a VERY expensive replacement of the WHOLE REM as its micro relays so nothing replaceable (love why they do this to make us spend more money).

I notice you mention how to slave in a new relay Mike? Can you please let me know how to do this? I bought a second hand REM panel believing I could simply swap them out but NO! Harvey says its yet another expensive REPROGRAM job at a Volvo garage! I am a sparks so a bit of wiring and soldering isnt a problem. What if I swap the chips from mine to the replacement REM is that doable? The the software will be correct?

Thanks sorry about long question.
    Last edited by Tee5alive; Wednesday 13th December 2023 at 16:01.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

Thread Information