Join Today
    jimv50
    This user has no status

Lightbulb V50 battery and alarm problems

Was recommended to fit a new battery after having intermittent alarms, keys not working properly and various service alarms appearing on the display.

Eventually the car had the dreaded'power system' alarm and then died a death in car park.
    Battery was changed and all well so far, will keep thread informed if problem reappears.

jimv50
    This user has no status
    sad to say that the quick fix of changing the battery was not enough, alternator is cooked (or words to that effect).
    Car now at a Peugeot garage getting new alternator fitted, the mechanic told me one of his neighbours had the same problem. But hers caught fire in the end

jimv50
    This user has no status
    Following a repair bill of E800 I've decided to trade the car in and now hope to pick up a new VW Up! tomorrow.

A drastic change but my circumstances are that nearly all my 6,000 miles a year are in Dublin with only a few long trips a year.

Thread Information