Join Today
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htomi View Post
    Is this a simple replacement or does it require anything extra to be done?
    We've replaced the shoes 3 wks ago, but came across this mod last week. I have the parts 17 & 18 already, just wondering about the how to.
    Appreciate the help in advance!
    Nice and easy to fit just remove no 15 then fit no 17 & 18 ,then back off the adjuster At the handbrake handle, then refit your drum/disks you get to the adjusters through a wheel bolt hole so adjust them so they just touch then back it off a tad, then adjust the handbrake.
    Last edited by Harvey; Friday 18th December 2015 at 15:34.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    When the front anti-roll bar was fitted the subframe was dropped at the rear ,steering rack removed there's a brake pipe that runs along the top face of the subframe which is held in place by a couple of pipe clips.
    Yes you can guess what happened to them both broke, ordered some replacement one's, Got them on Friday from FRF Volvo great service as always.
    Also when I fitted the new droplinks found a clip missing that holds the ABS sensor wire & the 4C wire to the drop link.

The part No for the 3 pipe clips are 9173955 £1.50 each. And the droplink wire clip are 998125 £1.40 each.

At the same time got a new bonnet safety catch as the original one looked a bit passed it's best.

better.

Last edited by Harvey; Saturday 19th December 2015 at 17:20.

This user has no status

Thanks

"Nice and easy to fit just remove no 15 then fit no 17 & 18 ,then back off the adjuster At the handbrake handle, then refit your drum/disks you get to the adjusters through a wheel bolt hole so adjust them so they just touch then back it off a tad, then adjust the handbrake."

Thanks! Appreciate your help on this!

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

New here...old and oily
    elsewhere
    Thanks
    Harvey

It would be remiss of me not to post on this thread after commenting on Lee's.

Your work on your car is an inspiration and reading through yours and the other V70R threads has given me hours of pleasure and of course, ideas and inspiration to improve my own stable.

Thanks to you (and un-named others) for your continued enthusiasm.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10521&dateline=138532  2015

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V70-R-T5 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Wednesday 13th January 2016),LeeT5 (Monday 21st December 2015)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70-R-T5 View Post
    Harvey

It would be remiss of me not to post on this thread after commenting on Lee's.

Your work on your car is an inspiration and reading through yours and the other V70R threads has given me hours of pleasure and of course, ideas and inspiration to improve my own stable.

Thanks to you (and un-named others) for your continued enthusiasm.
    Well thank you ,Sure most of us 'R' owners are the same , always something on the horizon to do...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Monday 21st December 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What a great read. Your car is an inspiration to what is possible. I have so much work to do 😬😬😬

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Your not wrong Harvey might even get to detail mine this year.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Harvey, were you happy with the disks and pads??? Just seen these and feel tempted, are these the same as yours? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S60-S6...751?nav=SEARCH

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreg View Post
    Harvey, were you happy with the disks and pads??? Just seen these and feel tempted, are these the same as yours? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S60-S6...751?nav=SEARCH

Yes that where i got mine from , Yes very happy with them haven't noticed anything I didn't like with them , the cost of them is just about the same as non drilled one's , if you are going to track the car then don't go down this road as drilled disks do tend to crack , but if used on road they won't be a problem.
    I did paint mine as they came a very dark grey which looked odd with my rims as they are bright silver.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Well the car is now on the ramp getting the anti roll bars fitted.i did mod the bush brackets so it's easy to grease them as ipd say remove them every 6 months to lube them up (Just as well they don't say every 6k miles ).

Fronts are red so nipple is at 11 o'clock to clear the bulkhead

Rears are blue only used angled nipple as I had to remove the threaded part that went through the bracket. on a in line nipple the spring is held in by the crimp on the end of the thread.

Also looking at the inside of the bush there are voids to hold the grease so this should help to stop the squeaking.
    Beautiful car, and a credit to your ownership. Wish mine would have been as good.

just one thing, a while ago, there was an argument on here regarding the greasing of ARB bushes. I see you have grease nipples in them! Im sure someone on here got shot down for greasing ARB bushes????? And you say the manufacturer specs greasing at regular intervals???

Confused.com!

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperm1980 View Post
    Beautiful car, and a .credit to your ownership. Wish mine would have been as good.

just one thing, a while ago, there was an argument on here regarding the greasing of ARB bushes. I see you have grease nipples in them! Im sure someone on here got shot down for greasing ARB bushes????? And you say the manufacturer specs greasing at regular intervals???

Confused.com!
    big difference is that person fitted new anti-roll bar bushes to a Volvo roll bar ,on a Volvo factory bar the bracket and rubber (bush ? But it's not a bush )is vulcanised all together as one lump, So if your factory anti-roll bar rubbers are worn Volvo will say you must buy a hole new anti-roll which comes with the rubbers & bracket as one.

on the IPD bars they have washers welded into the bar which stops the bars moving left or right when fitted on the car there is no play for moment.

If you look at this photo you can see the washer to the right of the bush/bracket.

The problem with the Volvo bar there is no washer to stop the left or right movement as the new bush is not vulcanised onto the old bar.

The bushes that were fitted to that Volvo bar were not suitable in that case as it will float left or right.

IPD say they must be greased every 6 Mth due to the bar moves in the bush when you hit bumps in the road or when the bar stops the car rolling on corners, the also say don't use normal grease as it attacks the poly bush, anyone with poly bushes will find they will squeak when dry.
    The grease they supply is very messy to use

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that.

I believe the original argument centered on wether an ARB grips the bush during the torsional movement of the bar whilst cornering and with suspension movement.

IPD say they must be greased every 6 Mth due to the bar moves in the bush when you hit bumps in the road or when the bar stops the car rolling on corners, the also say don't use normal grease as it attacks the poly bush, anyone with poly bushes will find they will squeak when dry.

I guess thats the answer to my question.

Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Harvey, I ordered the disks and pads today and have a friend, a very nice man Bob (AA Man) helping me fit next week. I want to change the fluid at the same time, is it Dot4 and how much would I need to replace the lot??? Hope you don't mind the questions mate.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Harvey, I ordered the disks and pads today and have a friend, a very nice man Bob (AA Man) helping me fit next week. I want to change the fluid at the same time, is it Dot4 and how much would I need to replace the lot??? Hope you don't mind the questions mate.
    Are you going to do the handbrake shoes at the same time ?, I would say 2 litres would be more than you would need but 1 litre might be short, also clutch fluid would be good to do at the same time, there's two bleed nipples per corner 8 in total .

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Are you going to do the handbrake shoes at the same time ?, I would say 2 litres would be more than you would need but 1 litre might be short, also clutch fluid would be good to do at the same time, there's two bleed nipples per corner 8 in total .
    So Dot4 2 litres, yes doing handbrake shoes also.
    Clutch Fluid, but it's an Auto, are you trying to catch me out Master???? ;-)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    So Dot4 2 litres, yes doing handbrake shoes also.
    Clutch Fluid, but it's an Auto, are you trying to catch me out Master???? ;-)
    Sorry mate forgot it's a auto. Don't forget the pig tail springs that hold the shoes in place .

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Just got these today in the post , PCV kit & coolant bottle.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Fortunately I had the garage take care of the pcv when I had them refit the head after shimming the liners.

Looks tight down there you taking the whole front off? Which does actually take too long

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    It's getting changed when some other work is getting done..

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Fortunately I had the garage take care of the pcv when I had them refit the head after shimming the liners.

Looks tight down there you taking the whole front off? Which does actually take too long
    You don't need to remove the front end matey. Removing the Rad fan cowling, air box and fresh air snorkel and of course the inlet manifold will give you all the room required to do the job.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information