Quote Originally Posted by Tim Williams View Post
I've had the misfortune of having to remove a lot of P2 "custom" downpipes. These are some of the defects, 3 bolt flange to turbo warped due to not being clamped when welded, 3 bolt flange to turbo too thick to correctly fit nuts, pipe protruding past the flange to the turbo, DP fouls anglegear, DP fouls prop, DP fouls floor, rear flange incorrect angle to bolt to catback, pipe protruding past the end of the rear flange, front and rear Lambda bosses cut off at an angle with grinder so crush washer wouldn't seal, incomplete threads for Lambda bosses, brackets too small to hold mounting rubbers, rear Lambda boss pointing at the prop so the sensor wouldn't fit. I think that should give a quick check list. The other thing to consider is the quality of the cat. A cheap cat WILL fail and not flow as well as a good metallic cat.

8eight fab look to address all the points I listed, believe me most won't...
I shall certainly check all these points, some are silly and you'd think how could that happen lol. I was going to buy a ferrita and just copy it.

I've got a GWE on the sonic and it's got a slight fitment issue, the 45 is too sharp and points upwards slightly, other than that it's not too bad.

I do know a very good fabricator that is very well sort after, does a lot of prototype car chassis and TBH he is incredibly boring and precise with his work.