Join Today
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munster732 View Post
    In all fairness, there are cars on here that I really admire and aspire to get mine in the same ball park as. I don't have the money spare to do it all now so it will be a long term project and I will chip away a bit at a time. Without the help and advice from members on here and particularly big Pete it would be a non starter so big thanks to y'all :-)
    It helps when you start with a good base, which you appear to have and I'm sure if you ask the owners of the cars you aspire to they will tell you it takes time and patience to get the car to that level so no rush

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

munster732 (Monday 30th September 2013)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Andy's right, been working on mine for almost 2 years now, and I'm pleased with my progress so far, as I keep telling people it's better to do things slowly and think about what your doing.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Sunday 29th September 2013),munster732 (Monday 30th September 2013),Tomcat (Sunday 29th September 2013)

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Speak to Volvo for the radio code, provided its the one that came with the car they should normally just tell you over the phone what the code is.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Great to see another Saffy being loved and cared for, Knowing you Wayne it will be a stunner by the time you've finished

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    In all fairness, there are cars on here that I really admire and aspire to get mine in the same ball park as. I don't have the money spare to do it all now so it will be a long term project and I will chip away a bit at a time. Without the help and advice from members on here and particularly big Pete it would be a non starter so big thanks to y'all :-)
    That's the way mate just keep chipping away at it! Very very nice motor. Nice to see another S70 project . I like the estates (previous car was an '99 V70R) but the saloons do it for me. The boot is usually big enough for what I carry about

A manual so the 18T turbo! Cool. M4.4 also I guess...

Can we have more pictures please! Under the bonnet and all that

Is that spoiler an 'R' one or T5....?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

munster732 (Monday 30th September 2013)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Lovely looking car mate, I guess you still regret selling the C70 as you've gone for the same colour.

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    That's the way mate just keep chipping away at it! Very very nice motor. Nice to see another S70 project . I like the estates (previous car was an '99 V70R) but the saloons do it for me. The boot is usually big enough for what I carry about

A manual so the 18T turbo! Cool. M4.4 also I guess...

Can we have more pictures please! Under the bonnet and all that

Is that spoiler an 'R' one or T5....?
    I will post pictures of the engine bay when I've had time to clean it cos it's dirty and looks chod. One thing we did notice is the airbox is blank, doesn't have TURBO on it like the 850.
    The rear spoiler is the factory standard one and is same as a t5 one. There wasn't a different one like on the 850 R but an 850 R one will fit if you can find one.
    Car is 4.4 but gutted that the Rica ECU isn't compatible but that's how it goes.
    Wayne

11. The Following User Says Thank You to munster732 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 30th September 2013)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    I will post pictures of the engine bay when I've had time to clean it cos it's dirty and looks chod. One thing we did notice is the airbox is blank, doesn't have TURBO on it like the 850.
    The rear spoiler is the factory standard one and is same as a t5 one. There wasn't a different one like on the 850 R but an 850 R one will fit if you can find one.
    Car is 4.4 but gutted that the Rica ECU isn't compatible but that's how it goes.
    Wayne
    I thought there was an R spoiler and a T5 one for the S70's? No? Good [crosses off line in 'to do' list]

There are some of those turbo airbox lids for sale on eBay, just down the road from me actually in Shildon. I considered it for a bit then thought nah.

I've got a Rica ECU for an auto with 16T.....probably not compatible either....? You are welcome to try it if it does work - the part number is 0 261 204 449

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Lovely looking car mate, I guess you still regret selling the C70 as you've gone for the same colour.
    At the time the c70 was my only car and no good for my lil part time business to carry stuff. Then came round to the idea that I deserve a present and a car for play and weekends so the v40 diesel is the daily and the R is for fun. I don't smoke, rarely drink or do loose women so methinks I deserve a reward, and that reward is gay gold

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    I thought there was an R spoiler and a T5 one for the S70's? No? Good [crosses off line in 'to do' list]

There are some of those turbo airbox lids for sale on eBay, just down the road from me actually in Shildon. I considered it for a bit then thought nah.

I've got a Rica ECU for an auto with 16T.....probably not compatible either....? You are welcome to try it if it does work - the part number is 0 261 204 449
    Thanks buddy, going to do some research into the 4.4 and compatibility, or just get a HLM ecu. I take it you know Chris (Ripstaa) as he's up your neck of he woods? That's where the Ecu came from and will be going back in next few days along with ABS Ecu for a precautionary refurb.
    Wayne

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanks buddy, going to do some research into the 4.4 and compatibility, or just get a HLM ecu. I take it you know Chris (Ripstaa) as he's up your neck of he woods? That's where the Ecu came from and will be going back in next few days along with ABS Ecu for a precautionary refurb.
    Wayne
    Yes that's the fella with the turbo air box lids. I'll ask TME about compatibility also just in case. Good plan for the ABS control unit, mine went on the V70. I can switch my TRACS on and off in the S70....maybe that will help make it last longer lol

Cheers

will it never end?
    Thanks

You thought right mate, the R spoiler sits higher than the T5 spoiler. WoodyT5 is running a R spoiler by the looks of it.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    You thought right mate, the R spoiler sits higher than the T5 spoiler. WoodyT5 is running a R spoiler by the looks of it.
    Ta, this bloody to do list keeps getting longer and longer. Hard work when I am saving for a Renault 5 Turbo 2 (got a five pound note so far)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks

Just spoke to TME, 16T auto map no good for 18T manual booo sorry fella.

Can I quote myself? Just did

Here today gone tomorrow

Thanks
    Very very nice car that you've got yourself, again as said in above post nice to see another saffy being loved!! I'll have to take the dust off mine and we'll all have arrange a photo shot at some point.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts

all s70's came with the same spoiler mate, i has an 854r spoiler on mine

21. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 30th September 2013)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    all s70's came with the same spoiler mate, i has an 854r spoiler on mine

nice, cheers for info fella

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Ah, I knew there was a different one to standard.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    you'll be lucky to find one though as they only came on 850r saloons

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    should've kept that one frankie

Thread Information