Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    arbee
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by S60D5
    Confused is CRAP

I put in all my details, and the cheapest quote they could give me was £1,017.00 on my S60 D5. That was with Norwich Union.

Guess what? I went to the Norwich Union website and filled out their form, and the quote (which included an identical excess etc) was £688.00

What the hell?

I tried it again with my Dads details, as his insurance is due in a month or so, and yet again, Confused gave a highish quote which was halved when I went to the insurers website and got a quote direct.

I won't ever bother using Confused again.
    eactly the same experience, still it did show NU as cheapest, and it was - only even cheaper!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Punters insurance? God bless the traders policy lol.
    Engineer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had the opposite. Admiral, via confused was £540. I tried Admiral direct and it was a shade over £700.

My current car is insured with Bell (part of Admiral) so I asked what it would cost to get it changed over. £1010!

I swear they have a random number generator

This user has no status

Thanks
    well mine is with adrian flux im 23 declared all mods wheels, brakes, suspension graphics etc with 6pts on lince 9pts for insurance £518 tpft aint bad for my age and points. the points i would like to add,
    3pts for 34 mph in a 30 ok my fault
    6pts (now this took the p*s) for taking a car to a pre booked mot with no mot tax or insurance so i got done for no insurance i didnt even no you could insure a car just to take it for an mot
    Last edited by fast-t5; Saturday 8th April 2006 at 22:45.

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    After some exstensive searching for cheaper insurance, I finally went with my current insurer. I'm 36, no points, 4 years no claims, parked on the street at night( at the moment), k&n filter, strut brace, performance exhaust, body mods, wheels etc... Prices ranged from " Sorry wont insure you", to £690 fully comp, finally down to £500 fully comp with my current insurer Adrian Flux. The cheapest other quote I got was with Chris Knott for around £570 fully comp.

It pays to shop around, but sometimes its better to stay put!!.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    We should point out that by far the largest factor on quotes is your location.
    I had one company tell me that no-one they dealt with would insure me due to my postcode despite having a car broken into 3 times at my last address and none here (touch wood).

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Being a bit of a numpty i didn't realise that age/value of the car had such an impact on insurance until i came to insure the new motor. 02 plate S80 D5 and the insurance is £60 more than my T5, yes i did a search too, Quote me happy for an example wanted an extra £200 so staying where i am.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    A lot of it is down to postcode living in Birmingham i get hammered every year

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just checked out insurance for mine £330 full comp full ncb protected 30 years old and garaged with the rac through confused i am with rac at the mo and they are the same price so good for me

SIGNATURE COURTESY OF STORM TROLL

This user has no status
    Eastbourne, East Sussex (home) and Southampton (uni)
    Thanks
    The problem with confused is that it doesnt cater for all the questions that the different insureres ask. I found that if you get a quote from confused always go to the insurers website and redo it through their system and it usually come out cheaper.
    I've found Admiral and Elephant to be the best.
    Oh yeah and another tip if your young like me put your parents on as named drivers, for some reason i found this takes the quote down!
    Dave

1995 854 T5 (upsoloute ecu, koni's etc) sold
    1995 855 T5 (rica 304 and lots of other bits) sold
    1994 Subaru Impreza WRX STi v1
    1995 Clio 1.8 RSi (hoping to swap for a t5 at some point)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just be careful of these online insurance searches. I obtained an online quote from Sainsbury's and Admiral. I was already insured with Sainsbury's and thought i would just transfer the car over. Admiral quoted £577 online and Sainsbury's £720. I rang sainsbury's to arrange the cover and they didnt even ask about a price just told me my premium was £520. So be warned. Online isnt necessarily the cheapest. However Confused is pretty good. I got my Triumph Speed triple insured through them at 120% cheaper than i found phoning around!
    Not all Volvo's come with a labrador and flat cap as standard!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I agree, it is a good money and time saving site and is how I got my insurance through Admiral - around £300 for the V70 T-5 (living in the sticks does have an advantage!)

But I got a cheaper quote via Admiral's own web site than the admiral quote on confused.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    probably teaching grandmothers to suck eggsbut beware cheap insurance.
    My initial quotes seemed attractive until I compared like-with -like.
    Once you add in extras for such things as foreign cover, free hire car in event of accident, legal expenses cover, similar voluntary excess etc.etc. The cheaper firms suddenly became more expensive!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Forgot to add . £249 fuly comp with above all includedf. £350 total excess. Through Chris. Knott with Highway.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Im with Admiral, living central London, off street parking, not the greatest area, aged 35, 8years NCB and fully comp quoted £540,......then addded girlfriend, who is 6 months older than me, only had a full licence for two years...quote went down to £490!! Was very amused at that...thought it would be much higher
    Standard V70 T5

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Oops, yes I forgot to mention that the reason the premium went down was as a result of having Kirsty on the policy.

Anyone with a renewal due, try including a female driver on the policy for a quote, if you ave not already.

Is it just me, or is anyone else uncomfortable with the thought of someone else (no matter how much you love them) driving your car?

Thread Information