Join Today
    in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Question blown head gasket?

just stumbled across this product. any thoughts? to good to be true?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEEL-SEAL...-/160540669398

This user has no status

Thanks
    Too good to be true

Southern AA patrol.
    Thanks
    Have seen many products over the years. All a load of rubbish. At work ( roadside breakdown patrol) we use a thing called K seal. It also is meant to cure and repair head gaskets. Its fantastic on leaks externally but never found it to work on any thing else.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It depends entirely on the location and the severity of the leak. But you also have to consider whether you want to put ££££e in your coolant system that <could> clog up waterways (think of cholesterol in your arteries).

If you feel you've nothing to lose, it can be a quick fix, and worth trying before going down the expensive repair route.

Does it work? I had a severe leak on my 205 GTI with Mi16 engine (1.9 16v alloy block). Coolant was literally pissing down the front of the block from one of the head bolts. THis had become evident on a journey from LOndon to Scotland (I was living in London at the time) and I was having to refill the expansion tank every few miles. When I got to Scotland I was advised my a fellow forum member (mechanic/engineer) to try using Holts Radweld as an emergency fix. I had to get the car back to London so had no option really.

The Radweld worked immediately, got my back home, and lasted for weeks/months until I had the head whipped off. And this was a severe leak. I cannot emphasise that enough. The reason for the leak was that both the head and the block had been previously skimmed and neither were true, so the gasket eventually failed around one of the head bolts.

I've heard similar good things about the miracle fixes that Kseal can do.

So as I said at the outset, if you aren't concerned with the downsides of these products, and just need a cheap quick fix, you may as well give it a go. If it's a very minor leak, I'm sure that all of these products will work.
    Last edited by Gold 'N' Brown; Wednesday 11th September 2013 at 12:20.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

Thread Information