Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

my nebula refurb

had these nebs for a while now. i split them ages ago but couldnt decied weather to get them powder coated or do my self. was £100 to get centre powder coated and planed to paint outside my self incase have any accidents and can easily touch them up. in the end ive decieded im going to paint the centres myself so can get the exact colour i want. enjoy the pics

hopfully should be complete by the weekend

heres a pic ive just got off a mate of mine who bands wheels

not my thing but some like it
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dont like the banding

Time to break the mold
    Thanks
    Also new law banning stretched tyres.... Or another law which is clearer banning them.
    VOLVO V70 2.5T
    VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO VR6
    VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TYPE 14

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyattitude View Post
    Also new law banning stretched tyres.... Or another law which is clearer banning them.
    good - they look stupid!
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    look stupid and dangerous
    "dare to be different"

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    theyd prob look better with proper wide tyres that fit properly. think they are 165/55/15 id fit 225/55/15
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    all four centre of wheels have been keyed and etch primed. ran out of primer doing first two. so went to paint shop today and got everything i needed. has cost me £40 in total for everything. i was lucky and got some bargins on ebay and i had some materials in garage off last bit of painting i done. used the mipa grey high build etch primer and got to say im very impressed by it. you get what you pay for. two of the rims had some light kirbing marks. so ive bodged all the way around the rim and will sand and prime them tonight then all thats left to do after that is wet flat them the put the 177 silver on the centres and paint the outsides silver.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Coming along then mate! Jus wondering graeme, when u put the rims back together will they be the same as b4 the split?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BIG G For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Wednesday 11th September 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    yes theyll be exactly the same. hoping to have them finished fri or sat

11. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

BIG G (Wednesday 11th September 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Kool, have fun flatting them down lol

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    base coat is on. volvo 177. is a nightmare painting in a dark garage. cant realy see what im doing. should get a haligon light for in garage.

hopfully ill get the lacquer on either tonight or tomora morn. just taking my time. last time i rushed a job like this i ended up making mistakes and the job took longer than it should of

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Looks good so far mate, I'm surprised you're going for OE colours and not something a bit more glam?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Friday 13th September 2013)

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Looks good so far mate, I'm surprised you're going for OE colours and not something a bit more glam?
    im not, hes a boring old bugga
    hope it comes out well for ya tho. painting in the dark aint no good tho. watch it dont come out patchy lol

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5RatherAmusin View Post
    im not, hes a boring old bugga
    hope it comes out well for ya tho. painting in the dark aint no good tho. watch it dont come out patchy lol
    few things im upagainst. im paint gun is to small so cant get a decent wet coat of lacquer on. if it dosnt come out very good ill go buy some lights and flaten them down again buy a better gun and some lights. so far the refurb is under 50 quid and will have loads of stuff left over

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    im all for the suttle mods. the silver im using for out side of rim isnt a oe colour though. its a cocktail of every silver paint i had lying around

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    few things im upagainst. im paint gun is to small so cant get a decent wet coat of lacquer on. if it dosnt come out very good ill go buy some lights and flaten them down again buy a better gun and some lights. so far the refurb is under 50 quid and will have loads of stuff left over
    you using a mini hvlp?
    could just get a spray can...
    ive got 2 brand new guns here, i dont even think im gonna use lol
    ill send u a link to a cheap decent one now....
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-7...ilverline+hvlp

20. The Following User Says Thank You to T5RatherAmusin For This Useful Post:

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    you got it in one mini hvlp. was ok when painted the rear quater on a pug i had last year. ive spoted a gun thats local to me on ebay. mght go and get it tomora. this pissy gun isnt for me. ill be putting a water trap on my list of goodies to buy. thought id get away with it but i didnt.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3006783808...84.m1423.l2649

ill prob end up wetting flating the water mark and giving a decent coat of lacqer when i get new gun and water trap. even if theyd came out a complete disaster which i dont think they have. its better than being bored staring at four walls

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    If you're gonna flatten the water mark blow some more base coat over it again afterwards, otherwise you'll end up with a discoloured patch untder the lacquer.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    If you're gonna flatten the water mark blow some more base coat over it again afterwards, otherwise you'll end up with a discoloured patch untder the lacquer.

thats me plan. hopfully i wont need to pick your brain and everything gose smoothly. want 3 or 4 good coats of lacquer. had a bit of a idea befor. i should get some old hubs mounts them on some timber and mount the wheel on them making it easy to spin them. be a ok idea if only painting the fronts

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I wouldnt spin them, it'll make it harder to judge how much paint youre putting on. If youre putting 3-4 coats on make sure they dry a little in between, you want the paint tacky but not dry, otherwise the next coat wont bond with the first coat. I take it youre not planning on painting the mating faces?..
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Thread Information