Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

help and advice needed ME7 model specific

one of my cv joints has gone south, so i decided to buy 2 and replace them at the same time, phoned erocar parts and parts for volvo, ended up getting them from eurocar parts as they were local too me and in stock.

Anyway takes both sides too bits too discover they are 2 different sizes, both 36 external splines, but the drivers side one is physically smaller and the internal bore is smaller but has the same amount of teeth 27. Is this normal for a P1 ME7 turbo???

Everywhere i have looked they are both the same size, also listed as for both sides.

Help would be much appreciated as i need the car working tomorrow.

cheers
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    I'd take a guess on yours having had a replacement hub at sometime in its life mate

Does sound odd though
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    I'd take a guess on yours having had a replacement hub at sometime in its life mate

Does sound odd though
    if you mean the bearing then yes it has i replaced both of them 3 weeks ago, no issues there, its the internal bore of cv joint thats different
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    one of my cv joints has gone south, so i decided to buy 2 and replace them at the same time, phoned erocar parts and parts for volvo, ended up getting them from eurocar parts as they were local too me and in stock.

Anyway takes both sides too bits too discover they are 2 different sizes, both 36 external splines, but the drivers side one is physically smaller and the internal bore is smaller but has the same amount of teeth 27. Is this normal for a P1 ME7 turbo???

Everywhere i have looked they are both the same size, also listed as for both sides.

Help would be much appreciated as i need the car working tomorrow.

cheers
    I had the same trouble when I changed mine thought it was because they weren't genuine volvo parts. I got it to fit in the end by cleaning up the splines in the wheel bearing , loads of wd40 down there , a sledge hammer and loads of abuse, good luck it was a hell of job but they will fit

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by multiskilled View Post
    I had the same trouble when I changed mine thought it was because they weren't genuine volvo parts. I got it to fit in the end by cleaning up the splines in the wheel bearing , loads of wd40 down there , a sledge hammer and loads of abuse, good luck it was a hell of job but they will fit
    again not the problem unfortunatly, the smaller on internaly is 26mm, the larger cv is 30mm so it just slips over the internal splines.

Im not talking about the end that goes into the wheel bearing but the actual internal splined part of the cv joint

This user has no status

Thanks
    If it helps you understand what you have found.

You don`t say your year so i used 1999 and there are two part numbers for those shaft/CV joints.

Although LH & RH are identical Part Number 8601573 replaces No. 8602607

So it may appear you have one of each if the difference is the internal size, which to my logic is the difference!

I hope it helps?
    Last edited by 960kg; Saturday 7th September 2013 at 10:03.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    after lots of help from Eurocar parts, it turns out, yes there are 2 parts listed, one with the bolt (my type and one with a nut (the older style). However after 2 hours of measuring and teeth counting it turns out some ££££ has changed the outer half of the driveshaft and cv joint for an S60 item.

Anyway if anyone has a full V70 P1 ME7 TURBO driveshaft in good order and for a manual i will take it subject to price.

Thanks for the ideas guys

Simon

Thread Information