Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Red face eBay busy with 'R's

Just been having a nosy as I do on eBay and have noticed quite a few S60 V70R's for sale but they have some scary text like part service history or chassis service required, sounds like costly buys to me as have owned two 'R's now and there not cheep hope anyone looking at them or others check everything and messages like service required means something's wrong and not to really be ignored. Any R owners agree with meee

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Any links? (I'm too lazy to look myself.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Yes I'd agree..............if you're looking to keep it you want only the best kept examples.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Even the best kept examples can go wrong lol so you want as much of a head start as possible.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Found this one in Stoke

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S60-...item4d0f7f5a11

with hideous shiny floor mats

and this one in Bolton...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-VOLVO...item46118853ee

And this in Newcastle

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-03-Vo...item27d4af95b0

there's a couple of geartronic P3 V70Rs and a laser blue phase 2 AWD
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The ad with the text about active chassis service message saying its something or nothing, well I messaged him saying just to let him know it usely means a problem with the system and is very costly, he messaged me back saying. Don't worry it's just a lose wire or sensor and can be fixed on any normal service..... Oh deer .... Beware R buyers
    Last edited by V70.R; Wednesday 31st July 2013 at 23:54.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    What would really make me suspicious is why this car has only covered 500 miles in the last six months - the advertised mileage is 104950 where the actual mileage on the speedo reads 104482. The pictures used in her ad are obviously old pictures from earlier on this year - snow on the rooftop, heated seats on and 2 degrees showing on the DIM.

Love the child seat placed on the back seat - giving the impression this is a loved family car that's safe for 'YOUR' children !!! ahem.....something I never used to do. I like this Hannah...lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Any he says the car does 40mpg lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi V70.R
    Just browsing through some old posts and came across your post. I would agree with your advice. I bought a 2005 V70R almost a year ago and since about March this year have had numerous messages about " chassis/suspension service req'd. The message seemed to reset itself so I put it on the back burner with a view to investigation when things became serious. Whilst conducting some routine maintenance ie: replacing front and rear disc pads and the rear discs to find I can't get the rear discs off even with the handbrake backed right off due to the wear lip on the inside of the disc(I have purchased replacement lining set plus spring kit etc as I am sure I may have to get brutal to get the discs off) I noticed that both rear shockers were showing evidence of fluid leakage down the outside of the casing and had already had an advisory of "oil misting" on the front offside shocker. I concluded that as my car has the 4C suspension system then leaking shocks were more than likely to be the cause of the "Chassis/suspension messages.This is where your point is for real. Volvo want to relieve me of £2000 PLUS VAT AND FITTING for the shockers amounting to approx £3400. So if you foolishly think that "it's probably a loose wire, think again and either have a proper diagnosis or walk away! I found a place in London "Wanapart" who sourced the four shocks from Monroe for me for £638, a quarter of Volvo's price. I am in the middle of fitting them myself as I write. Got the rears done, the hardest part was the wiring for the solenoid valves, the off side took about an hour to get at the plug and uncouple it. Next problem was the key for the Mcgard locking wheel bolts slipped off one of the bolts as some gorilla had overtightened them leaving me with three wheels I could not remove plus I had no identification for the key to get a replacement. Found Dynomec on the web, gave them a call and they assured me they could remove them for £10 per wheel. Somewhere on here I read a post from another member a couple of years ago which stated that if the wheel bolts were of the type with the spinning collar which mine were the Dynomec tool was useless and would not remove them. Well I can tell you it does work and the guys at Dynomec had the bolts off in less than two minutes with NO damage to my alloys. I was so impressed that I am considering buying their removal kit as a little sideline to help my pension, so well worth the 120 mile round trip!

This user has no status

Thanks
    better to buy a t5 and map it, cheaper to run as well.

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    I think you will need a recalibrate of the SUM module after fitting new shocks. You need vida and a level surface.
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    I had to do my 4C front shocks on my T5 and it was scary. But, I take comfort from the fact that they were the originals that had done just over 100k miles. If these new ones last anywhere near as long I will be chuffed.
    I have got a similar system on on my Shogun and when it was time to replace them, Mitsubishi wanted about £200 each so I just put passive ones in for 30 quid each, no probs!!!
    Somehow I don't think the Volvo would wear it!!!

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvo_Mad View Post
    better to buy a t5 and map it, cheaper to run as well.
    Cheaper maybe, but not better.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Sunday 1st September 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Cheaper maybe, but not better.
    well see when i get mine on the strip
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    well see when i get mine on the strip
    Looking forward to watching it wheelspin all it's power away, whilst the R takes off, and leaves you in a cloud of dust.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Looking forward to watching it wheelspin all it's power away, whilst the R takes off, and leaves you in a cloud of dust.
    or you get bogged down with the part time awd system. then crash bang wallop the angle gear is made of the same material as your water pump.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    or you get bogged down with the part time awd system. then crash bang wallop the angle gear is made of the same material as your water pump.
    Angle gear wasn't a cheapy off eBay. Even if it bogged down, it would still be up and running whilst yours was eating through its' tyre tread desperate for traction.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    like it did with mine lol

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    like it did with mine lol
    It beat your Cossie, nuff said.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    problem is anything that was supposed to make the R better than the t5 has in fact made it weaker.

Thread Information