Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5REU View Post
    Anyone got any pics of their centre air vent against the black stereo to see if volvo do, do darker vents?

hope this helps

s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    realy impressed by that. im might have a bash myself. unless you want to sell me one. i couldnt ask a favor when you go to the breakers. i need a bit trim that gose aroun wear the seatbelt real is on drivers side. ill try nd get a pic of my airvents an the panel thats missing
    Theres an s60 in my mates yard near me. Could grab it for ya if you like. Can't remember what colour it is but it has black leather.

Pod looks awesome there are they R clocks?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well see if u can get it if not I will get it anyway from off the car. Do u need anything else? I take it the colour of the air vents don't match the dash cluster that we'll then?Do u think mine are as dark as urs?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If u want me to make u one I have 2 spare clusters so will have a go at it again as really enjoyed making it. I just wanted to get the colours right first. If u like it u could send me ur cluster to keep cost down then. Mate just cane round and looked at it and thought it was a volvo part. Makes the dash look far more interesting

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    If u want me to make u one I have 2 spare clusters so will have a go at it again as really enjoyed making it. I just wanted to get the colours right first. If u like it u could send me ur cluster to keep cost down then. Mate just cane round and looked at it and thought it was a volvo part. Makes the dash look far more interesting
    almost looks stock. im cars off road so would be ideal time to do it i guess. pm me a price if you like. dont leave your self shourt
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-R View Post
    Theres an s60 in my mates yard near me. Could grab it for ya if you like. Can't remember what colour it is but it has black leather.

Pod looks awesome there are they R clocks?
    only if your passing. theres a v70 in a yard near mine but i know if i go in ill get caked in oil and get wrong off docs

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If I get chane ill go there tomorrow mate. I will price up the parts for u. Don't want labour as only learning and enjoy doing it. Got one to do for a mate of mine too now so will be a few weeks mate. Will use a pillar pod next time as slightly smaller.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    If I get chane ill go there tomorrow mate. I will price up the parts for u. Don't want labour as only learning and enjoy doing it. Got one to do for a mate of mine too now so will be a few weeks mate. Will use a pillar pod next time as slightly smaller.
    cheers fella. just had another look at your vents and they look they same as mine

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeh not sure if there are two or three colours. There is light grey, charcoal which the R's and 05 on wards had and there might be a graphite one too. There is definitely a graphite dash cluster just not sure on the vents. Think ours may be the charcoal vents.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Don't know if this is any good to you mate, it's our R.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks mate they are the same vents as urs. Nice car u have there mate. I'd b tempted to swap out ur centre console with facelift Would look really nice in there. All u need is the centre console £30 to 40 then space ball new is £80 and £40 to get the armrest covered to match urs but new style or but new from volvo they are £95 lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T5REU For This Useful Post:

stribo (Friday 6th September 2013)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Thanks mate, would like the face lift armrest/cupholder cover, but like the pre facelift spaceball, and centre console. Pre facelift has a penholder.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Waw, I missed this thread, that looks the dogs plumbs.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Great work looks very well mate think I might have a go @ doing me 850 like that!

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Pen holder haha put it behind ur ear lol. They r both nice. I swapped mine our cause broke to of the kids in last 5 years with the kids so put the 05 in.

I think everyone should have a go at doing the pod. It's really easy and I'm no expert at all far from it main tool is the dremel and that's it. Get ur pics posted on this threat it beats paying stupid money to the likes if ipd. Shane they never thought of doing it this way as far better having ur clocks all in one place and loons factory , kind of

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Need make sure u fiberglass the back of the pod to the Frame other wise the filler will crack if u bend the unit when installing or removing.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nice work !!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    any links to the pod you used.im getting the urge to have a crack at doing this.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Best pods to use mate are the A pillar ones. I used a dash one which are slightly bigger. They have a larger lip. Best value for money would be getting a double pillar one just in case u mess up the first one. Any pods will work as u are cutting away 40% of the pod. I paid £4 for mine. Get a small fiberglass kit and body filler too. I used 600 through to 2000 grit wet and dry. I used a full can of plastic filler paint then sanded smooth before black coating. I got the large Tim of Helfords satin black and sprayed about 8 coats on it before leaving home to dry for a few days. Between each coat is have it 15 Mins to dry. Then sanded with 2000 then buffed with g3 and g10.any buffing compound will do.

Thread Information