Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    Tbf i think seeing as most of these car have at least 270 bhp 30+ mpg is pritty good from a car with that horse power. But i suppose i was used to 20-25 mpg from my merc's
    Just thinking that my 540 would get between 18 and 23 mpg on short journeys and about 35mpg on a long run, considering it had a much bigger engine and was about 300kgs heavier has made me realise that the old t5s are pretty poor on fuel....or maybe its more that my 540 was good for a v8?

I did leicester to devon on 1/3rd of a tank of fuel in the 540 and i did the same journey in the s70r and used just over half a tank, both had similar sized fuel tanks and i always drive the same on long journeys, with the cruise set at 65mph.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Absolutely amazed yesterday, but after the seized caliper issue with the C70 T5 on Wednesday morning, I did 604 miles in her Wednesday/Thursday. 466 miles from filling and still no refuel light on. Brimmed it again, and I'd got 38 and a bit average mpg. 35 was my best before this, and she's overdue a service.

It was a very, very good practically queue free journey though, and mainly motorway driving.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    Yes but your foot never came off the loud pedal .
    my t5 is always driven as intended lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    I managed 36 mpg combined on a 2,000 round trip to Scotland cruising with 4 people on board and boot brimmed with luggage. That was with the turbo tuner and greens, and my car is auto, I was quite impressed with that

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Friday 30th August 2013)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    I managed 36 mpg combined on a 2,000 round trip to Scotland cruising with 4 people on board and boot brimmed with luggage. That was with the turbo tuner and greens, and my car is auto, I was quite impressed with that
    That sounds really good, as I only got 27mpg at absolute best with my laser awd. BSR stage 2 and greens and driving it very steadily, and I simply couldn't better that, whatever I tried.

Thread Information