Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    Is it not accepted as normal that most poly bushes squeek to some extent? I've certainly heard my fair share of reports across many types of car over the years of loitering on various forums.

I always thought (but could be completely wrong) that it was becuase rubber bushes flex more and so rotational movement is taken up by that flex without the bush actually moving, whereas with poly bushes the parts rotate against the bush rather than the bush flexing, thus creating the squeek.

What I've written above probably makes sod all sense anywhere except in my own head!

this also my thoughts but i couldnt be bothered to write it down.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    That seems like a bit of a piss poor design oversight by Volvo The only other car I've ever changed ARB bushes on had a bulge in the bar to locate the bush against so it would stay in place, and obviously once clamped down it couldn't move side to side.

Might be a bit pikey, but what about putting jubilee clips around the bar either side of one bush so it can't move?
    Not adviseable, as the jubilee clips will rub against the ARB bushes and over time this will damage them.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Not adviseable, as the jubilee clips will rub against the ARB bushes and over time this will damage them.
    A washer and then a jubilee clip?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    A washer and then a jubilee clip?
    Too pikey for my liking. TBH there is nothing wrong with the OE set up. My understanding is that they should be 'lightly' greased (not with copper slip) with lithium spray grease.

however, I would check with Volvo first as some bushes have 'self lubricating' properties and do not need lubricating. If you do, then the grease you use may react with the bush and cause adverse conditions for the bush to do its job and degrade its performance. Just slapping a load of copper slip on it doesn't cut it for me I'm afraid.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Wednesday 27th November 2013)

Thread Information