Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts

how come its so hard finding a decent/right one

although i've not been looking full-time for Bonny's replacement, i am surprised how hard it is to find a decent car in the right spec. Most diesels seem to be 2.0D's & not D5's, & then not many are R-design or manuals. Been to look at 2 local V50's & both had been mistreated (which is something coming from me lol). The first being on a main dealer forecourt was an absolute nail, don't think there was any panels without a scratch & the leather looked like it had stripe of fake tan or similiar sprayed over it. Todays one had a big chip in the windscreen (& 12months MOT hmm) & screw driver marks where they'd tried to prise off the alloy trim on the floating centre console

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    If you want a perfect car then buy a new one, second hand cars are seldom if ever perfect.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    If you want a perfect car then buy a new one, second hand cars are seldom if ever perfect.
    i'm not expecting a perfect car, but certainly not expecting a 5year old car to have screw driver marks into the dash

& inless i win the lottery i'd never buy new, too many issues even from new & lose too much money

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    theres loads of cars of the age your looking at that will be mint. i agree id never buy new and at other end of scale id never buy high milage cars unless its a run about that gets scraped when im finished with it. one of my mates has just bought a s40 2005. its like new. he did come across i lot of rough ones befor finding a good one
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    I'm not lucky in live normally, but thank god and touch something swedish, I've been lucky with all my 7 volvo's, but you can't even guarantee that a new one will not give you any trouble, you fall for what you like and live with it, oh isn't that called marriage.....lol

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Unless you find another S60 D5, I recon you'll struggle to find anything you like mate. Your dislike of the blue oval probably means you psychologically will be looking for any little problem with the newer 40/50 series cars and we all realise, in one way or another, that cars under 10 years old are normally built down to a budget (look at the new focus) and have a life expectancy of 5 years or 100k miles so there's already a level of suspicion there before you even look at the thing.

Spend your budget on getting Bonny right and getting an MOT on that noisy garden ornament of yours. You'll feel better about it
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

JT (Monday 12th August 2013),oblark (Monday 12th August 2013)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I think Kerry's looking at a replacement for his S60 D5 at the moment - maybe worth contacting him. His friend also has a gorgeous 2006 S60 T5 SE LUX - 80K - Manual in Sapphire Black. STUNNING looking car £4300

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    the black one sounds a very good buy. i looked at the v50's and felt the built quality wasnt the same. the dash looked boring and the seats looked like they lacked padding. stick with the s60 or newer v70
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    although i've not been looking full-time for Bonny's replacement, i am surprised how hard it is to find a decent car in the right spec. Most diesels seem to be 2.0D's & not D5's, & then not many are R-design or manuals. Been to look at 2 local V50's & both had been mistreated (which is something coming from me lol). The first being on a main dealer forecourt was an absolute nail, don't think there was any panels without a scratch & the leather looked like it had stripe of fake tan or similiar sprayed over it. Todays one had a big chip in the windscreen (& 12months MOT hmm) & screw driver marks where they'd tried to prise off the alloy trim on the floating centre console

The irony is strong in this one.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Got a 2004 xc90 d5 if interested?

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG G View Post
    Got a 2004 xc90 d5 if interested?

ill swap ya for a t5 and a curly wurly

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    ill swap ya for a t5 and a curly wurly
    2 curly wurlys and some wheat crunches lol

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG G View Post
    2 curly wurlys and some wheat crunches lol
    that seems a bit steap, a curly wurly and a fredo is about the best i can offer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    that seems a bit steap, a curly wurly and a fredo is about the best i can offer
    Ha ha

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BIG G For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Monday 12th August 2013)

Thanks
    theres loads of cars of the age your looking at that will be mint
    there are, but not many even in the spec i want (D5 manual either V50 or possibly C30)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT5-R View Post
    I'm not lucky in live normally, but thank god and touch something swedish, I've been lucky with all my 7 volvo's, but you can't even guarantee that a new one will not give you any trouble, you fall for what you like and live with it, oh isn't that called marriage.....lol
    when i bought my 850 T-5 i didn't even get to take her for a test drive as it was thrown at the back of the showroom behind 10 other cars, but as you say it was a lucky one

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Unless you find another S60 D5, I recon you'll struggle to find anything you like mate. Your dislike of the blue oval probably means you psychologically will be looking for any little problem with the newer 40/50 series cars and we all realise, in one way or another, that cars under 10 years old are normally built down to a budget (look at the new focus) and have a life expectancy of 5 years or 100k miles so there's already a level of suspicion there before you even look at the thing.

Spend your budget on getting Bonny right and getting an MOT on that noisy garden ornament of yours. You'll feel better about it
    nope, i don't change cars often so when i do i'm certainly not buying the same car. As for keeping Bonny, again not an option. Its only going to take the clutch to go & i've got to spend more than the value of the car to get it road-worthy. The V50's do look quite nice inside, yet to have a test-drive yet tho

20. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Monday 12th August 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    there are, but not many even in the spec i want (D5 manual either V50 or possibly C30)
    i fully understand what you mean there. when i look for sumit different to the s60 i have now. i find it almost everything i see cant match mine for spec and condition

Thanks
    i fully understand what you mean there. when i look for sumit different to the s60 i have now. i find it almost everything i see cant match mine for spec and condition
    my bro sent me a link to this one, looked perfect, manual box, nice leather interior. Then clocked its only a 2.0D

Last edited by p fandango; Monday 12th August 2013 at 20:45.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    2.0ds are pretty punchy and are a nice drive if you find a decent one last one i had ago in was a bit of a wheel spin machine lol

Thread Information