Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

new car or invest some cash into what ive got

ive been looking at new cars but cant realy find anything that takes my fancy like the s60 did when i first saw it. so im kind of thinking should i get some coilovers maybe a decent diff and a garret turbo like daves and some custom mapping from shark.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    In my experience when I've started getting the itch for a new car, no matter what I do to the current one to put me off a new one, its short lived and I still end up with a new car lol. When you get out of your car, do you take a sneaky peak at it over your shoulder? If you don't then its time to move on.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    all the time. im like a volvo perv. im only looking cause i know ive got a decent amount of coin coming my way. its suposed to be loss of earnings but ive got other ideas :-)
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Keep the one you have mate its a good starting point and the are not many s60 t5s modded ether .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Thursday 1st August 2013)

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I'm with mike, once you start looking at new cars the feeling never really goes away, I'm looking at lotus carltons at the min and no matter how much I love my car as soon as a decent one comes up the Volvo will be sold.

Buy something that is fast straight out the box, instead of modding a normal car.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nealevo For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Thursday 1st August 2013),MIKESC70T5 (Thursday 1st August 2013),t5 pete (Thursday 1st August 2013)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    I'm with mike, once you start looking at new cars the feeling never really goes away, I'm looking at lotus carltons at the min and no matter how much I love my car as soon as a decent one comes up the Volvo will be sold.

Buy something that is fast straight out the box, instead of modding a normal car.
    Although thats the way i think, i completly understand why people mod cars.

What i would say is that i would be scared to drive a lotus carlton.........if a wall can wreck my 540 i can't imagine what it would do to an 80s vauxhall.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Thursday 1st August 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks

There was a beautiful one up at the Goodwood breakfast club the other weekend. One on piston heads at the moment, £35000 but very low mileage.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Although thats the way i think, i completly understand why people mod cars.

What i would say is that i would be scared to drive a lotus carlton.........if a wall can wreck my 540 i can't imagine what it would do to an 80s vauxhall.
    But what a way to go lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

smithy (Thursday 1st August 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks

I really really like the lotus Carlton and its one of my all time favourite cars I wish .but I would still keep the r mate and that will only gain value and not cost a fortune if something goes wrong .

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks

i always look. its just the way i am. after hrs and hrs of looking all i come back with is thats everything my volvo is. its top of range over 300bhp. 100% reliable paid for and owes me nowt. sometimes its better the devil you know. reason i window shop is i somtimes think is it worth it. spending money on a car thats only worth 4k. but if i bought a new car id end up in same position

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    i'm constantly window shopping, its very annoying,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Thursday 1st August 2013)

happy
    Thanks
    I'm the same with window shopping and loved the 850 but my favourite car of the 90's came up
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5
    Current Car:850t5

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Very wise words

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    ive spent the last two years window shopping and still have the s60. value for money nothing else comes close.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    You're not gonna be able to get a lot more from your car than you have now without making it unreliable mate so you can either tweak it and spend more time repairing it or go buy yourself a VXR8
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    You're not gonna be able to get a lot more from your car than you have now without making it unreliable mate so you can either tweak it and spend more time repairing it or go buy yourself a VXR8
    Now that is a car I do like no bull electronics but 600 bhp to the rear wheels oh yes the ossys no how to build a car lol

Thanks
    Makes a dirty noise too.

And soooo much tuning potential.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Does anyone remember that story about the Monaro going in for a service and the mechanic took it out for a blast at stupid speeds without the owner knowing, only later to find out the owner had a hidden camera videoing everything that went on lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Does anyone remember that story about the Monaro going in for a service and the mechanic took it out for a blast at stupid speeds without the owner knowing, only later to find out the owner had a hidden camera videoing everything that went on lol.
    Tadaa....

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

25. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

T5RPete (Saturday 3rd August 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    haha bet that was funny when he tried to bluff his way out of it

Thread Information