Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    welcome along! where abouts in cambs are you? as im only in lincs like to try and meet a few peeps from here soon!
    4.4 motronic ecu. ostrich emulation chip. boost sensors+ wideband inbuilt to the ecu. 650cc injectors. hybrid GT28 turbo. custom 5 branch manifold. Large side mount intercooler. pipercross custom airfilter. no cat. no back boxes >< All in a saxo
    Follow the volvaxo project on facebook @ > http://www.facebook.com/groups/volvaxo/

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Welcome, Yeah Smithy is the bloke to talk to..........expect at least 8 calls a day

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    welcome pal, ive just had a dig around in my mag rack in the bathroom and found this.
    Get yourself a back issue of PPC magazine April 2008, issue 48.

it has a 7 page tuning guide for 700 and 900 seires volvo's. It does tell you all of the common mods, and bits you can do. Its really good.

hope this helps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to no1tosh For This Useful Post:

Couper (Friday 9th August 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Welcome to the fold, sounds like you've had a good car based upbringing... Lol

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Welcome..

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    The clutch will give anything over 250whp mate .19t you will be pushing it hard to get over 300 bhp but a 20g will do it easy if you want to keep with mitsi turbo. Garrett I would go t34 cossie turbo witch is straight bolt on but custom lines .and the downpipe will need doing too but if going turbo change then a 3in exhaust would be good . Then the fuel side Vxr 470 cc injectors with 3 in maf and piping and change the pump if you want to run over 290 bhp .put A or V cam in it if you want high end power but the t cam can keep the torque up very well till it runs out of puff at 5 k rpm .i got over 292 bhp with stock t cam but if I would of changed the cam then that is worth 15 bhp or so .7.5 ton intercooler fits so does rs500 but both need custom piping .if you want fun for now then you could put mbc on turn turbo up to 13/14 psi and then get rid of back box on car and put straight pipe on.also do the air box mod or put a cone on it that little lot will get you over 200 bhp and a very quick motor too .
    Smithy, what engine management do you have on the 940? Is it LH Jetronic, if so 2.2 or 2.4...? Cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    Smithy, what engine management do you have on the 940? Is it LH Jetronic, if so 2.2 or 2.4...? Cheers
    All later 940 turbos use l.h.2.4 mate .you can run chips from USA or Sweden or you can do other things like run bigger mafs etc .you have to get the goldbox ezk unit to run ignition chips though if you have the later black ezk unit .the is also ostrich too witch lets you map the car .ive been running stock ecus for years though but I'm going standalone next .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Thursday 1st August 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Couper View Post
    Will the mitsubish 19T and 20G bolt right up to the exhaust until I was able to get a 3" system?

Why do you prefer the T34?

Would you recommend an electronic boost controller?

Thank you
    Both the mitsi turbos will need downpipe flange mods same as garrett .the t3/t34/t38 work very well will this engine same as a t28 will too .make sure it has a t3 stamp too .all the mitsi turbos will need clocking for rwd fitment too .

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Couper View Post
    Will the mitsubish 19T and 20G bolt right up to the exhaust until I was able to get a 3" system?

Why do you prefer the T34?

Would you recommend an electronic boost controller?

Thank you
    Both the mitsi turbos will need downpipe flange mods same as garrett .the t3/t34/t38 work very well will this engine same as a t28 will too .make sure it has a t3 stamp too .all the mitsi turbos will need clocking for rwd fitment too .also don't forget the mighty holsets something like a hx35 will give you anything from 300 to 450bhp .

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    All later 940 turbos use l.h.2.4 mate .you can run chips from USA or Sweden or you can do other things like run bigger mafs etc .you have to get the goldbox ezk unit to run ignition chips though if you have the later black ezk unit .the is also ostrich too witch lets you map the car .ive been running stock ecus for years though but I'm going standalone next .
    cheers. I am looking at what to do next with the 460. It has LH2.2 and an EZK black box. Fuel mapping is standard so thought I might have a go at that......standalone very nice but well above my budget

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    cheers. I am looking at what to do next with the 460. It has LH2.2 and an EZK black box. Fuel mapping is standard so thought I might have a go at that......standalone very nice but well above my budget
    I'm sure you can get chips for them need to check the net mate .i know someone who had a Renault 21 turbo that was modded I'm sure it uses the same system but might be wrong .bbr used to do chips or you can get a piggy back chip for them

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    I'm sure you can get chips for them need to check the net mate .i know someone who had a Renault 21 turbo that was modded I'm sure it uses the same system but might be wrong .bbr used to do chips or you can get a piggy back chip for them
    Thanks will have a look. I fancy doing something myself with the mapping as it is pretty much there or thereabouts, not much more to be had out of the engine unless I start changing parts. If I do anything worth reading will make a thread about it.......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

smithy (Thursday 1st August 2013)

Thread Information