Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Anyone tried "Revive Engine/Turbo" cleaner???

I believe I have sticky turbo vanes after doing some elimination work on my D5. I'm thinking of trying Revive as its got great reviews on the VW forums, and it looks very straight forward to use and most of all, cheaper than a strip and rebuild of my turbo. I made a comment on a thread on T5D5 about it, only to be laughed at by a moderator of all people (wont be going back there anytime soon)

Anyway, anyone used it?? There's a video on YouTube on how it's done and works, I just wondered if anyone's tried it on a D5??
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Huge thread revival here, and for that I'm sorry but thought it may be beneficial to others to see response.

Liddo, did you try the Revive treatment??

I have a newly acquired 2003 D5 with 180,000 miles and it has quite a pronounced flat spot around 1500rpm when loaded up low down. Almost like the turbo comes on boost, is then backed right off briefly before coming back online for the rest of the rev range. I plan on cleaning out the Turbo Governor Valve but thought this treatment may be worth a punt too?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Modified C70 T5 GT - Sold
    Modified S70R - Sold

Now all sensible with an S60 D5 - Stock
    ...for now! Must.Resist.Any.Mods!!! Oooh...RICA!!

Thread Information