Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: V70R Detail

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    looking good. youve inspired me to get on top of mine. its going no wear for the next 6 weeks at least. so im going to doing bits and bobs as i can untill i can put wieght on foot then i can get stuck into the bigger jobs. i can understand the bumper annoying you. it would annoy me to. you sound as anal as me.
    I just dont understand why people accept jobs like that, most cars will have had some paint in there life time but I hate how there are so much waste of time painters out there.
    Thanks
    Martyn

2. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Thursday 25th July 2013)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Must say the car is looking very smart,I don't think I will be removing the wheels to clean up my shocks (well not yet).
    What did you put on the engine blue covers ,was it C4 ?.
    Wheels do look good in the colour aswell ,nice finish.
    So what do you think of C4 on your black plastics bits.

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Took my car in today for a full paint rectification and detail valet, ended up booking it in for a respray!!! That's gonna hurt my wallet, I knew I should of ignored thus thread grrrrrrr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nealevo For This Useful Post:

iancho (Thursday 25th July 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Pure Class Marytn and some Beautifully taken Photo's your attention to detail is to be commended!

Your Engine Cover looks much better now it's difficult to see any defect. I love the new light bulbs and Under the Arches. The Paint defects would be Driving me insane as well everytime I looked at the Motor... You will get them sorted in time and TBH if any of us saw the car in the Flesh we probably wouldn't be able to tell...

You should make the last Photo of your car looking out to Sea your Sig Pic... It's a really nice Photo and makes your Car look stunning.

Thanks for a Very interesting thread.... Love the MTE stickers!
    Last edited by iancho; Thursday 25th July 2013 at 17:13.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Must say the car is looking very smart,I don't think I will be removing the wheels to clean up my shocks (well not yet).
    What did you put on the engine blue covers ,was it C4 ?.
    Wheels do look good in the colour aswell ,nice finish.
    So what do you think of C4 on your black plastics bits.
    Cheers harvey, the only reason I cleaned my shocks up was so that I could apply the C5 to the alloys properly.
    I originally used my 303 on the plastics but with them being damaged (kind of) I thought I would apply the C4 for more longevity. Lets hope it lasts, but the stuff is very easy to use unlike the G1 for the glass, boy is that stuff stubborn to come off. I also used the C4 on the wiper panel, mud flaps and fog light grills.
    Yeah the alloys are very good, my 19's on the saffy are the same colour, polished bliss recommended them. I had my local paint place make up a tin of spray paint the same colour so that I could paint my badges.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    Took my car in today for a full paint rectification and detail valet, ended up booking it in for a respray!!! That's gonna hurt my wallet, I knew I should of ignored thus thread grrrrrrr
    oh dear sorry, what needs painting?
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iancho View Post
    Pure Class Marytn and some Beautifully taken Photo's your attention to detail is to be commended!

Your Engine Cover looks much better now it's difficult to see any defect. I love the new light bulbs and Under the Arches. The Paint defects would be Driving me insane as well everytime I looked at the Motor... You will get them sorted in time and TBH if any of us saw the car in the Flesh we probably wouldn't be able to tell...

You should make the last Photo of your car looking out to Sea your Sig Pic... It's a really nice Photo and makes your Car look stunning.

Very interesting thread.... Love the MTE stickers!

Love the MTE stickers!
    Your the first person who has liked the MTE stickers!!!!! I love them they suit the colour of the car.

Yeah I will get it done, your rite it does do my nut in, the bumper is the only thing that stands out to me, at least I know I will sort it out.

I don't know how to do sig pics, emyl? did mine...
    Thanks
    Martyn

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    oh dear sorry, what needs painting?
    In his words.....'the car' but he is very well know and he works with very good quality cars...... (And my Volvo) he charges upto 4k for a full detail, I'm definately in the wrong job.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    In his words.....'the car' but he is very well know and he works with very good quality cars...... (And my Volvo) he charges upto 4k for a full detail, I'm definately in the wrong job.
    Oh yeah so he is a polished bliss type place, I did think that when you said that. PB will recommend any paint work before they touch your car. One day I will get a big garage and I can compete with these guys lol I know the techniques, I went to a few training days at PB. It was a real pain doing all that outside in fact I would say it would be almost impossible to correct the paint perfectly outside there is far to much contaminants in the air that will land on your car, I hosed it down 4 times in between tasks.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Great results Martyn, those wheel arches have really come up well, time well spent.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    £4K for a detail, I guess your getting very good 'mates rates' for the respray then mate.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Stunning, simply stunning. If we're honest with ourselves we've all got areas of our cars were unhappy with. Even taking the points you've highlighted into consideration it doesn't take anything away from the fact that your car is a fantastic example of a V70R, your efforts are truly a credit to that car!

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

iancho (Friday 26th July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    Great results Martyn, those wheel arches have really come up well, time well spent.
    Thanks Graham, the tar took a good bit of tardis to get off.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Stunning, simply stunning. If we're honest with ourselves we've all got areas of our cars were unhappy with. Even taking the points you've highlighted into consideration it doesn't take anything away from the fact that your car is a fantastic example of a V70R, your efforts are truly a credit to that car!
    Andy you speak sense mate, I am really happy with it, it was really hard as i've said before working outside just makes things so much more challenging, I dont know if I could do that again. I wish I was 18 again when you could give me a bucket and sponge then a leather chamois followed with some AG polish on an old rag and I would be happy with the results all in a mornings work.
    Thanks
    Martyn

18. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Friday 26th July 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    thats one of the reason i why i had a brake from detailing mine. i kept finding faults and i was never happy. no matter how much you looker after your car therecalways going tobe somthing. stone chips or scratch off some carless idiot
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

20. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

iancho (Friday 26th July 2013)

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Lot of hard work done there mate she looks mint well done love it

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY T5 View Post
    Lot of hard work done there mate she looks mint well done love it
    Thanks it did take a while, going to take her into town tonight, I it turns no heads haha. Dont call it mint, frankie is the only one that has mint cars
    Thanks
    Martyn

23. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Friday 26th July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Martin your a man after my own heart. Absolutely beautiful car, the best on the forum in my opinion. I've often thought about spending a long time detailing my car properly, but with the crap weather we have in this country and me using the car every day I really can't be arsed lol. I'll happily spend a day cleaning a single car but that's my limit. As for mint, its not far off going by the pictures. I don't think Frankies idea of mint is the same as other people's lol.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Martin your a man after my own heart. Absolutely beautiful car, the best on the forum in my opinion. I've often thought about spending a long time detailing my car properly, but with the crap weather we have in this country and me using the car every day I really can't be arsed lol. I'll happily spend a day cleaning a single car but that's my limit. As for mint, its not far off going by the pictures. I don't think Frankies idea of mint is the same as other people's lol.
    being someone that has never seen any of my cars in the flesh, keep your opinions to yourself, why bring me into it? are you bored? i spend alot of my time on looking after my car probably more than most, no-one can say anything bad about my 850r its a beauty

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Thanks it did take a while, going to take her into town tonight, I it turns no heads haha. Dont call it mint, frankie is the only one that has mint cars
    lol he don't know any better tho how did it go in town with the corsa boys

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

Thread Information